Mike1608
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 27

BT fibre ?

Hi,
my cab finally got upgraded, however bt checker only showing I could only get unlimited faster unlimited broadband which goes up to 17mb. When I check with sky,plusnet, they all said I could get upto 21mb with their fibre plan. I also checked on openreach wholesale adsl checker, it saids i can get upto 21mb with the fttc.
could someone help me out?

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT fibre ?

You will get whatever your line is capable of getting regardless of supplier. You are only being offered faster broadband as (presumably) the checker shows you are not capable of Infinity1 speeds due to distance from the cabinet. The line will be capped at 40Mbps but you won't know exactly what speed you will get until it is provided.

0 Ratings
Mike1608
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 27

Screen Shot 2015-12-25 at 11.53.51.png

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

you may get up to 21Mb but your actual speed will only be known when the service goes live
0 Ratings
Mike1608
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 27

I can't order infinity option 1, what should i do

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 6 of 27

Someone correct me here but my understanding is that the most likely speeds will be in Range B.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 27

@Mike1608 wrote:

I can't order infinity option 1, what should i do

As I said earlier, you will get up to your maximum speed if your order faster broadband.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

@Dode wrote:

Someone correct me here but my understanding is that the most likely speeds will be in Range B.

No, the speeds could be anywhere between max range A and min Range B. Range A speeds are more likely.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 9 of 27

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Mike1608
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 27

That package caps at 15mb