cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT fon Iphone app

I havent managed to get the BTfon app to work on my iphone - it seems a lot of people are experiencing exactly the same problem - it either says wifi switched off  or just freezes and says checking copnenction. 

Is there a solution to this - if not the app should be pulled from the app store and a certain amount of my broadband fee refunded as its one of the main reasons I changed to bt.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT fon Iphone app

Hi Hulmesy,

Welcome to the Forum. To use the Fon app on an Iphone you need to make sure your select the Fon SSID in the wireless settings and then launch the app. If you have tried this and it still doesn't work try deleting the App and downloading it again.

If you are still having problems, please send me in your details using the link found in the "about me" section of my profile.

Thanks

Paddy,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

It might also be worth trying without the app. I've found that connection is difficult or impossible with the app installed on my phone, but usually no bother since I uninstalled it. The phone is even kind enough to remember my log-in details.

[Edit: Mine's an android phone - don't know if this would apply to the iPhone.]

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

it works OK for me. Make sure you have the most up to date version and connect to the Openzone hotspot before you start the app.

I think there are a few hotpots that look like openzone, but that you can't actually connect to. Are you trying to connect to a 'proper' BT hotspot (like say, Paddington station) or one of the 'shared' FON hotpots that are going to be a domestic modem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

It was the updated version of the app that failed. I uninstalled it and immediately got connected to the same hotspot, and have had no problem since. There's nothing to be gained from reinstalliing the app whether it works or not.

That said, I do not advocate that a user should uninstall the app if it's working. But for anyone with a problem, it might be worth knowing that it was an issue for me in case it's the same for them.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings