cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subair37
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT fooled me Big time

this morning i checked the BT infinity availability checker it showed it is available to me i can order i thought ok when i get home i will order,but now i checked it come up as like this.

Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes.  

i know for a fact that the Green cab i am connected to at post code HP13 number 59 is still not converted to a fiibere cab yet ,but then again it showed i can order it was a bit shocking for me ,but now it says not available in my area .Please some one shed some light on this ............................

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
biz1988
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT fooled me Big time

I would prob just give them a call as it could be the site is just playing up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

is it possible that your exchnage has been upgraded for infinity but your green cabinet is not getting upgraded?  not all cabinets on the exchange get upgraded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
subair37
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

yes my exchange is fibere upgraded and the green cab 30 meter away from my cab i am connected to is fibere enabled.,

0 Ratings
biz1988
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Ok so your very close to your cab so it cant be the case that your line is estimated under 15 mb as if it is you wont be able to get infinity. So the best option is to give bt a call as it seems there is a prob with the site. You can also check http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome to see if you line can get infinity. 

0 Ratings
lfletch
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

got the same problem 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 14

subair37 wrote;
i know for a fact that the Green cab i am connected to at post code HP13 number 59 is still not converted to a fiibere cab yet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@subair37 wrote:

yes my exchange is fibere upgraded and the green cab 30 meter away from my cab i am connected to is fibere enabled.,

Hi subair37, reading your posts I am still unsure what you have.

Is your local cabinet fibre enabled (ie; have a new green cabinet within close proximity)

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
subair37
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Hi

my telephone line connected to the small green cab is 59 and the other small green cab 30 to 40  meter away from my green cab got another big fibere cabinet next to it, but for some reason they did not put a big fibere cabinet next to my small green cab i am connected to , they put up a small council notice saying that there going to be a fibere cab soon and drw a big rectagle on the floor also .council notice missing now and the rectagle on the floor is still there so anothjer news today when i put my number in Bt infinity available checker it says 31 March2012 ,date moved again ,the funny thing is some one from BT open reach phoned me a few weeks ago cause i send an email from this forum and promised me this time date wont be moved again it will be defenite 31DEC2011 and now after all this confusion date moved again to 31March2012...................

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

dates given are estimates and not all cabinets can or are upgraded to infinity
0 Ratings
subair37
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Is that mean Green Cab number 59 in High Wycombe will never going to get upgraded to a to a Fibere Cab ?

0 Ratings