cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hero9989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT got our order COMPLETELY wrong. Advice please?

We got a phone call from BT on Monday in reference to us registering an interest in BT Infinity before it became available. We went through the order process over the phone, the woman confirmed that we would be getting a brand new infinity home hub, 30.9mb download speeds with an anytime calls package. 

We got an email today saying we have used 7GB of our 10GB usage limit on our BT Total Broadband option 1 package. WTF? They're saying we will be charged if we go over our 10GB usage limit (by the way, we went from total broadband option 3 (unlimited) to infinity option 2 (again, unlimited)). We checked our order reference and it's saying we have indeed ordered option 1 and that our new ADSL (useless for Infinity which uses VDSL) homehub will arrive soon. It states we have signed up to a 12 month contract (even though the person on the phone said it was an 18 months). Nothing in the order adds up to what we signed upto over the phone! 

My dad works from home so the remaining 3GB is not enough to last even the rest of this week, let alone another 3 weeks! Please can somebody advise us on what to do? Other than shout at a customer service rep over the phone...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT got our order COMPLETELY wrong. Advice please?

Call Sales immediately to get this rectified. 0800 800 150.

0 Ratings
FlamingDeath
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This is so funny.

Because:

30mb x 60 seconds x 60 minutes (1 hour) = 13.18 GigaBytes usage

In other words, not even a whole hour usage at max speed and you will reach your limit.

even with a 300GigaByte FUP (fair usage policy), it will take less than 24 hours usage at max speed to reach that amount of data.

ITS a total scam

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hero9989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

It's true, but at least that would be a fair usage policy, not a cap. on a FUP, they will just cap your speeds when you go over to save the service for everyone else being tainted by yourself which is fair enough. 

A 10GB limit means we will get charged (£5/5GB) if we go over, no 2nd warnings...

And I'm just about to call, I'll report back with what happens...

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
FlamingDeath
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

But....Infinity™

Its errr... infinate right?

Im not trying to mock you Hero9989, I do hope you get sorted. BT need to sort their BS out.

Seriously what use is a broadband package that basically gives you 1 hour usage, for the price they're charging too!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Hero9989 wrote:

We got a phone call from BT on Monday in reference to us registering an interest in BT Infinity before it became available. We went through the order process over the phone, the woman confirmed that we would be getting a brand new infinity home hub, 30.9mb download speeds with an anytime calls package. 

We got an email today saying we have used 7GB of our 10GB usage limit on our BT Total Broadband option 1 package. WTF? They're saying we will be charged if we go over our 10GB usage limit (by the way, we went from total broadband option 3 (unlimited) to infinity option 2 (again, unlimited)). We checked our order reference and it's saying we have indeed ordered option 1 and that our new ADSL (useless for Infinity which uses VDSL) homehub will arrive soon. It states we have signed up to a 12 month contract (even though the person on the phone said it was an 18 months). Nothing in the order adds up to what we signed upto over the phone! 

My dad works from home so the remaining 3GB is not enough to last even the rest of this week, let alone another 3 weeks! Please can somebody advise us on what to do? Other than shout at a customer service rep over the phone...

Funnily enogh this nearly happened to me.

I ordered Infinity on-line and, luckily enough, printed out my order confirmation.

I did nothing else until receiving my welcome pack and HH only to find it was the BT Total Broadband Pack I'd been sent.

Im rang in to query it and was told that's what I'd ordered until I quoted  the VOL number from my confirmation print out.

The sales person, on checking, couldn't understand what had gone wrong, cancelled the install of Total BB and put me through to the Infinity sales team who also couldn't understand what happened.

Nevertheless the install went ahead for Infinity albeit 3 days later than planned.

There seems to be a problem somewhere in BT that needs sorting out!

0 Ratings