cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 301 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

I was downgraded to BT Sport Lite over the phone. Is there any way within My BT to confirm my broadband contract has not been renewed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 302 of 390

I found my broadband contract end date by starting an order for BT Infinity, thankfully my contract end date has not been altered by BT Sport Lite.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 303 of 390

The normal free BT Sport pack offer for BT TV customers requires that they re-contract both BT broadband and BT TV for a minimum of 18 months.

But surely customers in that situation should be asking themselves an important question. Does that guarantee them free BT Sport for 18 months?

Based on the terms and conditions, previous experience leading up to these current changes, and the likelihood that BT haven't yet decided on pricing from Aug 2016 (season 4) then I think the only conclusion can be that there is no such guarantee. Could there be more "mis-selling" complaints in 12 months time if BT apply a price rise and say you can cancel BT Sport but not the other services you committed to for 18 months? Smiley Frustrated  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 304 of 390

Another frustrated, tied in customer here.  Renewed broadband contract for a further 12 months on the strength of being told that BT Sport would continue to be free, despite other broadband providers (notably Sky) being cheaper.  Have raised my dissatisfaction with Customer Services to be told that I can cancel my broadband but it will cost me £177.  I was offered a discounted subscription for 6mths BT Sport for £2.50/mth which I was told I could cancel any time before 1st August, however this was then withdrawn as once I'd signed up to it i'd end up being charged more cancellation fees.  Totally fed up with BT both personally and at work where we've also had endless problems.  I am now told I can escalate my complaint through various levels of manager so I'm willing to try again.  Suffice to say if this is not resolved to my satisfaction I will certainly not be renewing anything with BT again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 305 of 390

Once you have gone through all levels of BT complaints, don't be afraid to take it to Ombudsman Services: Communications if you have to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 306 of 390

@umpire wrote:

The normal free BT Sport pack offer for BT TV customers requires that they re-contract both BT broadband and BT TV for a minimum of 18 months.

But surely customers in that situation should be asking themselves an important question. Does that guarantee them free BT Sport for 18 months?

Based on the terms and conditions, previous experience leading up to these current changes, and the likelihood that BT haven't yet decided on pricing from Aug 2016 (season 4) then I think the only conclusion can be that there is no such guarantee. Could there be more "mis-selling" complaints in 12 months time if BT apply a price rise and say you can cancel BT Sport but not the other services you committed to for 18 months? Smiley Frustrated  

Very good point Umpire. People should think carefully before contracting for a further 18 months. Personally I'm quite happy to accept a piddly £5 a month charge to the end of my contract in January, then see what I can renegotiate for all packages at that time.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 307 of 390

Prices will change,  see this link:-

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport

especially this line

Prices may change at any time during the contract, we'll let you know a month in advance of any changes

Smiley Surprised  not really!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 308 of 390

As I posted last last week I got an email from BT saying I need not anything that I would continue to get the BT sports pack for free and they would write to me again if anything changes and I'm only on a 12 months contract for my BT TV and Infinity 2.
I'm due a bill from BT later this months so will see what it says.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 309 of 390

@C1Rider wrote:

Prices will change,  see this link:-

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport

especially this line

Prices may change at any time during the contract, we'll let you know a month in advance of any changes

Smiley Surprised  not really!!

That's been there from day 1.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 310 of 390

A question - how does BT Sport appear on your bill - is it simply shown as free £0.00  or is it shown as a charge and a discount applied which currently brings it down to zero charge.

0 Ratings