cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

The BT Europe channel will be an advertising tool until 1st August when it will become encrypted.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 390

@magpie03 wrote:
I re-tunned and have the new BT Europe Channel HD showing and working. I guess this is free as I have BT Broadband and TV

As already said the BT Sport Europe channels on BT TV are currently just showing BT Sport previews. After launch in Aug they should only be available to those BT TV customers who also subscribe to the BT Sport pack or BT Sport HD pack.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 390

Hello.

I watch BT sport via the Website....If I pay the £5 will I be able to stream the content in HD? Currently on Infinity 2. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 24 of 390

I was wondering why BT had the most expensive line rental in the market. It must be funding the development of their platform for 4K Ultra HD 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 390

@HaggisUK wrote:

Hello.

I watch BT sport via the Website....If I pay the £5 will I be able to stream the content in HD? Currently on Infinity 2. 

Thanks

I would say that was pretty unlikely, it would be too bandwidth hungry to stream in unicast in true HD.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 390

So as an Infinity customer that currently receives BTS1, 2 and ESPN (via Sky), I'm now only going to get BTS1 for free? Surely this downgrade in service entitles me to exit my BT contact penalty free? 

The only sport I watch on BT is WTA Tennis, which is on BTS2 99% of the time. Thanks to Champions League football (that I have zero interest in) I have to pay £5 extra to carry on watching 

Thanks BT. Time to start looking for another broadband provider I think. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 390

It's an interesting point about the contracts. The BT Sport contract is normally just a 30 day minimum unless you took up a particular discounted offer for it on Sky where I believe it may be 12 months minimum.

However either way it also required a 12 month minimum BT broadband contract if you wanted to get the full BT Sport discount. It's that contract (with the associated BT Phone Line Rental) that BT were really trying to tie people in to.

If they change the BT Sport costs or services then I expect you could cancel the BT Sport contract without any charges. Whether you can also cancel the BT broadband contract early without charges is another question all together. BT might argue that they haven't changed that at all.

Feel free to trawl through the many pages of different terms and conditions. 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 390

It is possible that different issues are becoming entangled.Most independent reviews I have read suggest that the BT Infinity 2 FTTC service is pretty good - unlimited data use, full 80/20 speed, no traffic management.What lets BT down ( in those reviews) is its customer services (read 'overseas call centres'...)Sound familiar? So, I suspect that any individual would have to demonstrate that they only adopted BT Fibre because of BT Sport, in order to get out of a broadband contract.Tricky.....In all fairness, it was the above issues which led me to adopt BT Fibre - BT Sport was a welcome bonus which, I think we all knew, wouldn't be free for ever.So the reduced BT Sport service won't neccessarily have me dashing to another fibre provider.

What is surprising is that BT have clearly decided that trying to poach customers from Sky is their priority, rather than considering their own exisitng customers.That can be the only rationale behind leaving BT's Premier League coverage free.After all, I suspect that more people would have been persuaded to pay for Premier League coverage than will pay for AFL, MLB, NCAA and so on.BT clearly feel that the potential subscription loss from leaving ESPN as a free channel is too high a price to pay....(irony)....

Fortunately, most of the minority sports affected do have independent provision (AFL Live Pass, MLB.tv, and so on), so we're not left completely high and dry.I'll need to know what plans there are for future AFL coverage before deciding whether or not to shell out my £5.00.....And thanks for the 'heads-up' that we have to actively opt-out - shouldn't that be having to opt-in???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 390

I have recently renewed my package with BT TV and extra channels along with bt sport and the HD Package.

I get bt sport 1 and 2 with Eurosport in HD.  I have noticed tonight it is now previewing  BT europe on 409.

Come August 1st I assume I will get BT europe  unscrambled, but will I get it in HD.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 390

Colan59 - If you are paying for the HD pack then yes you will automatically get ALL the sports channels in HD.

0 Ratings