cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukew20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT have done nothing but lie to me

I ordered phone and broadband a few weeks ago...

Got an activation date of the 10th March 2011. Then it was changed to the 27th February 2011. Then I was told my line and broadband would both be active on the 27th February 2011, and that I would receive my equipment by the 26th February.

Now I have been told that my phone line will be activated on the 27th February, but I won't receive my broadband equipment until the 10th March. But they are expecting me to pay for the full service on the 18th March!!!

I have been lied to that many times I do not know who to believe.

Seriously considering cancelling.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT have done nothing but lie to me

Hi lukew20

I'll be happy to help you out with this and get things moving. 

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
lukew20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hi Craig,

Thank you, I have sent the email.
0 Ratings
Sundacekid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Well, I've tried hard not to use the phrase you've used but my tale of woe is even more exasperating and brings me close to stating the same.

I have had my order for phone and broadband on order since early October 2010.  I have had about 8 or 9 appointments each of which has never been kept and only on one instance was I notified ahead of time.  Great way for a communication company to operate.  Equally impressive that in order to talk to BT Customer Service you have to listen to banal message saying you may be able to help yourself by visiting their web site.  Great if you happen to have a broadband connection - hey that's what I'm trying to get.  The info on the web site when you can get get there is so out of date that its a joke.

I have had many assurances by customer service and supervisors that are just made without any substance.  I was told one day that my cabling was being put in that very day.  I pushed hard to get clarification that this would happen but given that this was at about 3pm, I knew this was just another fabrication. It never did happen.

I have made two formal complaints and have now enlisted the support of my local MP.  I am at a complete loss on how to get a line installed when BT have a monopoly in my area.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

Just do as

ModeratorCraigS  sugested above 
Contact Mods at
forum.moderation.team@bt.com
include a link to this topic account number and phone number
If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
lukew20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Well, that was a barrel of laughs.

BT Openreach turned up (on time) for once... Then decided they couldn't do anything... The line has been disconnected, and they can't find where, all they know is that its not in my house!

God **bleep** useless

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
lukew20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Well, still waiting for Craig to respond to the email I sent on the 25th.

Now held in a queue on Live Help... Waiting for someone that has some common sense to re-book my appointment!

Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!

0 Ratings
lukew20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Absolutely useless!!! Seriously thinking about cancelling my order.

Just spent 10 minutes on Live Help, to get connected to someone, that did not understand an ounce of English! Didn't seem to understand that I needed a new appointment!

Just kept telling me that I would need to place a new order!

0 Ratings
Sundacekid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

I can only sympathise with you.  I'm running out of options as well but I need a phone and broadband - its really an essential service these days.

I was told that it could be expidited if there was a medical reason.  How about seriously high blood pressure caused by BT 🙂

Received a text a couple of days back saying my new appointment was for Feb 28th.  This was followed a few seconds later by another text saying a Special Team was investigating and would contact me on Mar 8th.  Needless to say Feb 28th came and went without any action.

Oh yes - new orders.  It seems that Openreach can just cancel an order without any explanation.  Its happened once to me.

0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 13

@Sundacekid wrote:

I was told that it could be expidited if there was a medical reason.  How about seriously high blood pressure caused by BT 🙂

Any idea how bad your medical condition has to be? I'm diabetic and that is another thing that worries me.

I know how you mean about high blood pressure though - last night I could feel it rising as I read the e-mail as I realised I am back where I was last July - Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.

I hope I am wrong and the survey team concludes that it is within the USO, but given all the backtracking I've had I won't believe it until I'm talking on the landline.

0 Ratings