cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT have failed to connect my broadband. Frustrated beyond belief.

Hi,

Please can someone help me?

I moved house on the 21st of October and rang up BT on the 26th of October to order a new phone line and broadband.  I was told their was a credit red flag on the property I was moving to so it was referred to the credit team.  However, I was assured by the lady I spoke to (Jane) that as I had contacted them so early it was no problem to be connected on my required date (21/10/13).  I was told that someone would ring me to confirm that the credit process was done and I would receive an email and a letter with confirmation and my new phone number.

Needless to say, I received neither.  I rang up again from Dubai (where I was working) on the 6th of October to check the status and to ask why I had not been contacted in any way.  I was told by the Credit Referral person (Angel) that all was well and I was set for connection on the 21st.  I would receive confirmation 2 days prior to the switch. 

Needless to say, I didn't.  I rang again on the 19th of October and spoke to Lisa in the Newcastle Easy Assist team who told me that it had never been referred to the Working Line Takeover team so I was not going to get connection on the 21st as promised.  She assured me that I would receive a phone call and an email within 24 working hours to sort it out.

Needless to say, I've received neither.  I rang again on the 22nd and spoke to James who told me that I was set to be connected on the 31st.  The problem being that it was a working line takeover (the previous tennant has never cancelled her phone line) and it would take 10 working days by law before they could disconnect her and reconnect me.  Fair enough, but as I placed my order on the 26th of Septemeber I think BT have had a lot more than 10 working days... 

I rang again on the 28th and spoke to a very apologetic Leela just to double check that all was well and I was good to go.  I'm greatly concerned as i have never ever received so much as an email or a letter from BT to confirm anything.  She checked and could not guarantee the 31st as it's a - you guessed it - working line takeover.  But she assured me that I would be contacted within 48 hours (which will expire at 12:04 today) that I would be contacted and that I should receive an email and my wireless router via post yesterday.

Needless to say, I have received neither.

I explained to all 5 people I spoke to that I work from home and Broadband is essential as i connect via a VPN. So this is now affecting my ability to make a living.

Could you please - someone - tell me what I need to do or who I need to contact to get this connected tomorrow??  I am going to cancel and go with another company if I'm not able to work by 9am tomorrow morning.

I look forward to any advice you can offer. 

BTW, I'm connected to the internet now via an friends Wifi.  Which I can't rely on on a regular basis.

Thanks!

Lia

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT have failed to connect my broadband. Frustrated beyond belief.

Sorry, that should have said I rang them up on the 26th of September to make my initial order...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

this is a community forum where customers help customers and your post do not go to BT  you need assistance from BT and only BT employees on the forum are the forum mods. they will offer assistance on reading your posy but you will join a queue and it can take 3/5 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Hi Liaward,

I would like to take a look at your order. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

I explained to all 5 people I spoke to that I work from home and Broadband is essential as i connect via a VPN. So this is now affecting my ability to make a living.

Thanks!

Lia

Should this not be on the BUSINESS site ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi, thanks for all the replies. I just wondered if anyone has had similar issues and what they did to get them resolved.

Moderator help is also welcome.

I've never ever needed a business line. I work from home and connect through a VPN to my company server. There are 100's of consultants around the world that work this way and broadband (once it gets set up) works fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I think the point is if the line is residential then it is for residential use and therefore you cannot complain that it is affecting your living

take up the offer of assistance from the forum mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings