cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayleyg22
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT have managed ti cut off my Sky services and i am not even a BT customer!

I have been with Sky for broadband, phone line & TV for 3 months. Yesterday my broadband stopped working, i called Sky who advised that BT had approached them and cancelled this on my behalf as i was 'going with BT'. This is the first i'd heard of it!! I called my mobile from my landline to see if it was still working and it come up with a completely different landline number! After several calls to BT what has happened is a guy in the same block of flats as me has gone with BT and during the exchange they have give ME his new phone line and subsequently got me cut off from Sky with phone&broadband. I have called Sky who have advised there is 'nothing they can do' as it has been cancelled and all they can do is put another order in for this which will take 2 weeks.. I appreciate it is not Skys error but i have told them i have NOT cancelled, and they have let BT get my services cut off without any authorisation from myself. The BT advisor did say that this shouldn't have happened and they will be looking into compensation for me. However this means i will now be left without broadband & phone for 2 weeks (Which i also happen to run a business from) ! I have also been waiting 3 months for my £50 marks & spencer vouchers from sky which i advised them last night, to which they replied i wouldnt be getting these as my subscription has been 'cancelled'!! Forgetting that i should have them by now anyway, after 3 emails in the past few weeks to which they have responded to none!!

Anyway that is another issue, My questions are: Are Sky able to activate my broadband straight away due to this error if they really wanted to - and if it does physcially take 2 weeks, why?? 
And with regards to BT, what action can i take against them for doing this? I am absolutely fuming and so is my neighbour who is now without a phone line as it has been connected at my address!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT have managed ti cut off my Sky services and i am not even a BT customer!

Other than complaints to the relevant authorised I thing working out your losses and small claims threat or action is about it which might at least hurry BT along the compensation route

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Hayleyg22
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes i agree, i will see what they say later, i'm just mostly annoyed about having no internet/phone for 2 weeks as this is going to cause major problems. Thank you

0 Ratings
mep80
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi Hayley

Did you resolve this matter at all? I've just had a similar experience, and not for the first time either. I'd been happily using my Sky broadband for over a year, but for the past 2 weeks my connection kept dropping until it finally went completely yesterday. I called Sky and after an hour on the phone they told me my broadband plan has been cancelled since last March 2010! They said BT cancelled it (BT supply my phone line). I was extremely angry as I also need the Internet for a living being a web developer. The good thing was that even though it was supposedly cancelled for nearly a year, I've been able to connect to it up until yesterday and I haven't been getting charged either! (and no, I haven't been connecting to someone elses wifi). The bad thing is I wasn't aware of this so not being charged for a year is very bittersweet.

Anyway, like yourself, I now have to get a new broadband plan, wait 2 weeks for it to be activated, and enter into another 12 month contract. As I wasn't getting charged for my broadband for nearly a year I suppose I should count myself lucky, but the fact that BT were even able to cancel my broadband without my consent or any notice angers me no end.

I haven't spoken to BT yet as their customer service is pitiful, but is it possible BT can do this? Do I have any grounds for complaint?

0 Ratings