cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelbirtchnell
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT have managed to remove all my services!!!!

Hi,

I switched back to BT in August 2013 after being with Virgin Media. The installation date was 31/08/13. I had the BT Infinity & Home Hub 4 as well as our phone line etc. Since the installation our phone line has never worked which came to light when trying to get BT Sport activated, weirdly though the Broadband was fine.

In trying to get the phone line fixed (due to having the same number for 20+ years and wanting BT Sport I was told that somehow the transfer from Virgin Media had resulted in the phone line being disconnected not transferred. BT told me the only way to re-instate the line was to cancel the order and re-issue the line. This was two weeks ago at which point my broadband stopped working as all the services was removed, the account was closed and my pre-paid line rental refunded.

Now, I have spoken to BT yet again and they are telling me that I need to go through the whole order process again including an Engineer's visit which makes no sense (I have BT broadband already installed by an openreach enginner). They are telling me that this visit won't be for another 10 days or so. This would make it 3 months from first order to a resolution.

Surely, there has to be a faster way to re-instate my services as after all you managed to take them away quickly enough. All I need is the services re-activated on the account not another installation!

Nigel

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT have managed to remove all my services!!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT have managed to remove all my services!!!!

Hi nigelbirtchnell

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post about the installation of your BT services. I'm really sorry to read about the issues you have experienced and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings