cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT have reset my usage monitor part way through the month!

I was posting a month or so ago similar to others, that suddenly my broadband usage had dramatically increased without me having changed what I'm doing online, so I've been monitoring it closely. I've managed to keep it down for the last few months so this month I'd been rather slack about checking my usage stats. In fact I haven't done it since 4th Jan when I had used 2.1gb, quite a normal amount for the school hols.

Anyhow BT did something to my line the other day and the broadband needed to be off for an hour or so, supposed to be during the day yesterday but it went off at 11pm Sunday night. No matter. And I check today, and they've reset my usage so it's now at 0.67gb on the 16th! Bargain!

I wonder if they meant to do that?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT have reset my usage monitor part way through the month!

@jessicapenguin wrote:

I was posting a month or so ago similar to others, that suddenly my broadband usage had dramatically increased without me having changed what I'm doing online, so I've been monitoring it closely. I've managed to keep it down for the last few months so this month I'd been rather slack about checking my usage stats. In fact I haven't done it since 4th Jan when I had used 2.1gb, quite a normal amount for the school hols.

Anyhow BT did something to my line the other day and the broadband needed to be off for an hour or so, supposed to be during the day yesterday but it went off at 11pm Sunday night. No matter. And I check today, and they've reset my usage so it's now at 0.67gb on the 16th! Bargain!

I wonder if they meant to do that?

Hi.

I actually saw a similar thing myself just under a year ago. If I recall correctly, the figure did go to an "expected" value a few days later or less.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT have reset my usage monitor part way through the month!

Ah well never mind, it looks good just now 🙂

Fingers crossed I've not been using it too much then...

0 Ratings