cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

BT home hub 5.

I know my stuff. I had home hub4 before and I kept an eye on connection which overall was ok (just okay it did drop from time to time reguarly but not enought to compleain I used ping it keep an eye on the network).

I have just move house and just had home hub5 instaled. The connection from the router to the bt network is dropping now and again. Anyone else having the same issue? I suspect already the quality of the router so if anyone has an alternative router recommendation.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT home hub 5.

Do you have an Openreach VDSL modem to use?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi- Got my HH5 last week. All seemed fine 'til yesterday evening when it started to keep rebooting intermittently after I reset it due to what I preumed was interference from next doors router (a constant problem with my old HH3 solved my switching off smart wireless). HH5 rebooted 4 or 5 times between 7:30pm and 1am. Briefly looking at the event logs it seems to be the same problem as HERE . Reading other threads and a Google search on this it seems it's quite a common issue...

In the Mean time, I've reconnected my OpenReach Modem and am running the HH5 off of it as a router only using the WAN socket... No probs so far...

Think a call to BT might be in order tomorrow! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

No attitude intended, but a call to BT won't solve anything. I am only 15 days into my contract with BT, and have fought since day 3 over being promised sync speeds of 56-75Mbps, and only getting 30Mbps. Two engineer visits to explain that due to copper aluminium mix that is the max we can get. Repeated disconnects without the blue LED going off, and some that include the flashing Amber light, then blue again. Calling "Technical Support" resulted in an agent cheking our stats, and making the decision a replacement Homehub 5 was required. That is it, they are simply there to have you holding for ages, to give general help. None of these "technical advisors" have any technical training. They know how to read info on screens, and then do nothing to resolve the issue at their end.

Tied into 18 month contract with the most dissapointing Hub ever, and even more appalling customer service. Just look at the number of posts on here about the HH5 dropping connection. Yet, all BT keep doing is send out more replacement devices that are simply not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

You're not tied to the contract at all if you're getting speeds substantially lower than promised. See trading standards about it but if that's the max speed you can get, you would be legally ok in breaking the contract with them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

But then how would you get it fixed?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

No ISP promises any speed - checkers just give best estimate and up to speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

I've had exactly the same issue as those on here with the HH5 - I've only managed to fix it by buying my own HG612 off of eBay to use with the service which nobody should have to do.

BT ought to fix their HH5 or fire whoever is responsible for stability improvements bearing in mind nothing has changed since the HH2 with regards to the Hub restarting by itself.

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings