Did you mean: 
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 48

BT honest with customers?

here is an eg from way back in 2009 of what bt did then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/06/iplayerbbc_v_bt.html

this i feel is occring again with bt for other services esp on infinity

u pay for a super fast connection then find it crippled to pre 2000 speeds yes speeds equivalent to before 2000 ie modem or worse

this is not to do with p2p

certain websites are being targeted by bt

eg hotfile and maybe other download sites

u can pay money to have more bandwidth from the provider BUT bt cripple it down to 3 kB/s so they are being detrimental to that provider effecting there buisness model!

is this legal?

on testing on a diff isp to hotfile for eg, it was over 300 kB/s, on BT it was 3 kB/s and this only happens at peak time, ie there throttling time. After peak time it is the same as the other isp.

so much for download a file in superfast time ITS WORSE THAN OLD MODEM SPEEDS of the late 90s

BT are not being open and honest or frank in telling the customer what to expect.

no where in the FUP does it say anything about specific websites or anything else. it does mention p2p.

and states that video streaming is not effected

but does not mention they are doing it for certain other sites or may do or anything!

whcih they must be due to the fact its only at peak time and only certain providers

this is really annoying me now, as u can tell 🙂 as they are not being truthfull with there customers

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 48

Re: BT NOT honest with customers

Its not just this they lie about mate, its everything.

BT are the worst company I have ever dealt with.

------Marc------
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Hi there,  NO they nothing homest  the customer service and technical support, is prepared to liar.  and offer a service who next not provide.

Im accept about p2p really understand,  but next appear problems with anothers like Hotfile and another service,  inclusive when they thorttle the lines,  your outlook if work with IMAP  get frezze,  you can find another customers with same problems. 

Please no spend time get solved the problem with technical support,  because they are unable to help . 

read my another posts,  like  bye bye bt never again. 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Bye-bye-BT-never-again/m-p/115361

or thorttle lines... 

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 48

The point of fact here is that all the major ISPs are struggling to supply demand to their customers, Just browsing other forums, equally you will find unhappy customers about their chosen Isp, indeed i have just left a forum, with many customers unhappy with sky " Are Sky lying to us".  Careful consideratoin is needed these days before entering a contract with Isp.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 48

yes carfefull consideration

if u have the facts and they are honest with u

some other fttc say they dont traffic shape and charge more so u have a choice there

but if u read BT FUP u think ok i can accept torrents being traffic shaped at peak time so you enter contract

what bt dont tell u is that they traffic manage other direct download sites that you can pay money too if u wish for  more bandwidth to them.

But with bt traffic shaping it down to not even what u might call a resonable level but crippling it to pre 2000 modem speeds even worse actually of 3kB/s

and NO MENTION OF THIS POLICY IN FUP so how can u make an informed choice?

and the fact that bt are crippling  certain web sites buisness models?

if this is the beginning then in the future the customer is going to paying more or the website to make traffic neutral.

This is the beginning of 2 or 3 tier internet no more net neutrality.

Rem this is against specific web sites not p2p, and no mention in FUP.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 48

AlexUk1975 wrote:
[...]
when they thorttle the lines,  your outlook if work with IMAP  get frezze, 
You're the only person I've seen mention this.  IMAP works fine for me.
you can find another customers with same problems. 
You can ?   Where ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 48

Could not agree more IanC no problems with imap ever at any time of day or night
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 48

I see mentioned above is the sky broadband service also being slow, well ofcourse it is, its using bt lines,bt are definitely to blame.

Funny how virgin dont have the same very slow problems as bt or sky..

im seriously considering going back to virgin as soon as they put fibre optic in my road

phill

0 Ratings
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 48

NILSATISOPTIMUM -The point of fact here is that all the major ISPs are struggling to supply demand to their customers, Just browsing other forums, equally you will find unhappy customers about their chosen Isp, indeed i have just left a forum, with many customers unhappy with sky " Are Sky lying to us". Careful consideratoin is needed these days before entering a contract with Isp.

Well I left BE in November to come to BT for Vision.
In the18 months I was with BE, I didnt have a single problem.
My BB wasen't throttled at all, even at peak times I was getting 19meg solid connection.

I didnt have to phone tech once.
I had 1 problem, where I was over billed, this was put right the same day and I had a free month as compensation.

I will be going back to BE once my contract is up.
------Marc------
0 Ratings
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 48

The thing is we do not have to wait till contract is up.

Bt are breaking the contract by not providing the service they say they will provide in the contract.

We do NOT get 24 hours 7 days a wekk support for starters.

we do NOT get anything like the speed we  are supposed to get.

We do not get satisfactory service from bt support agents even when we manage to get hold of them.

thats just for starters.

phill

0 Ratings