cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 41 of 48

Re: BT honest with customers?

BT yes,  you're right BT enginner no have the enough skills to help on IMAP for that reason,  if you have a problem, sorry,  change to pop3  that is the answer i receive when called 1000 times.  

that mean, BT no provide a complete service or no very helpful. 

Still nobody can answer  why all this problems appear only in BT service  and dissapear when back to SKY.

Me and many customers know the answer...   throttle on peak off time,  and affect another services.

0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 42 of 48

Re: BT honest with customers? - Throttle lines

I dont understand what you mean show me the FUP of BT?

I read before and they give specification of pear2pear,  download and upload.

We not use  p2p,  download and upload,  we not share files,   just download.  like when you download a driver or software of any web site.  

Peer2peer mean:  torrent,  transmission, emule .  

Hotfile,  rapidshare,  fileserver is not peer2peer,  because you only download from a link, no use any software to share,

BT yes,  you're right BT enginner no have the enough skills to help on IMAP for that reason,  if you have a problem, sorry,  change to pop3  that is the answer i receive when called 1000 times.  

that mean, BT no provide a complete service or no very helpful. 

Still nobody can answer  why all this problems appear only in BT service  and dissapear when back to SKY.

Me and many customers know the answer...   throttle on peak off time,  and affect another services.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 48

Alex uk1975 as has been said to you before IMAP DOES WORK ON BT IT IS UP TO YOU TO SET IT UP NOT BT anyway as you are no longer a bt customer i do not understand why you are still posting the same issue over and over again AND also just to remind you the only bt employees on these boards are the moderators every one else are bt customers like you were.
0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 44 of 48

John I not  told you again you are BT employee,  just say all yours comments always is on side of company...

You right,  not anymore BT customer fortunately,  and they cancel my contract because cannot fix my problems with IMAP and throttle lines...  i hope that answer your questions.

Sometimes I post here to help another customers, like you...  the only difference I explain my experience similar anothers, 

You can see I not open this post  " BT honest with customers ? " this post has been open by another customers with the same problem.  i here only to say the true.  and admit  BT have many issues,  like all ISP with the diference BT lie and is not honest with customers.  I really honest in this forum,  you can see for example I not complain about the speed,  the speed was very good 16Mbs.  but is another problem,  where explain before.

maybe you no like im here  because  I say the true and no always in side of company or what is the problem ?

On sky or Talk Talk forums also is BT customers explain they problems when they been on SKY for example, and nobody say .. Go away....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 48

AlexUk1975

For the last time I am not a "BT EMPLOYEE" and never have been like the others here I am just a customer I really wish you could understand that but personally I do not think you ever will. As I and others have posted WE have never had problems with IMAP using BT. The problem is you will not listen to what myself and others have said to you regarding your imap problem I am glad  that your other provider can supply you with the service you want and that you are happy there good luck in the future. 

0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 46 of 48

Ok,  that fine,  your answer is same a technical support,  Its my problem ...no BT problem. 

I had the experience like another customers,  technical support round pass your call for hours, without solutions. 

I sent error numbers ,  and they cannot fix,  speak with care manager,  and him agree about throttle lines.

maybe  the problem is my Imap server  ( one.com ) unfortunately they use the same  port who use BT when throtte the line.

Can you explain,  because I think you expert, why my e-mail working fine all day,  except in peak off time, ?

when hotfile and another services is throttle ?  

that is question making many times,  and nobody can answer. 

Why my e-mail and Hotfile working fine 24/7   with another ISP   and with BT except in peak off times.  ?

John no you and nobody can answer because is true,  I told I been with BT 12  days only...

Before pass to BT all my services working fine 24/7  with BT working fine all services except in peak off times.

back again to my ISP  and all my services back to normal 24/7 

Advise I not touch any config my PC and Macs.  ... 

However should be admit,  never had problems with BT speeds. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 48

alex did you try changing the port to 2525
0 Ratings
G0KSC
Message 48 of 48

it was good to see this post and know I am not going mad. IMAP traffic has been so slow in the evenings for me using Infinity it is unreal. It was so bad (while all other services were lightning fast) I switched to using my mobile phone for downloading and sending Email!

After BT telling me it was not them, I though perhaps it was something to do with routing via BT to my US hosted servers so went through the very expensive task of shifting my company web and email severs to a london based provider.

You guessed it, no difference with super-slow, almost unusable IMAP services every evening.

I understand P2P traffic throttling but consider Email a primary service, this should not be throttled at all.

Time to move away from BT again I think and go back to Sky myself.

0 Ratings