Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BT hub can't connect to broad band

Hello,

I am reciving the error via browser ''bt hub can't connect to broad band''. This often happens while playing online games which sockets drop, I then check my net via browser and recive this.

The wireless is fine and I'm not losing signal, my net speed is fine when not presented with the error. Why does this occur and is there anyway to resolve this?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT hub can't connect to broad band

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:09:10
Downstream11,851 Kbps
Upstream1,187 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)9.6 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)19.0 dB / 9.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)4 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Connection speeds are fine when the line holds but it drops constantly when playing games.

The noise check was fine and I don't have a cable long enough to reach front door as I live in a converted town house and my flat is top floor.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

so is the master socket at front door for town house or do all the flats have there own phone line and master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Dunno I will have to check this but the master is not in my flat as I traced the cable from my living room and it goes through the floor. Only moved in so I will check later, also I'm getting this problem even browsing the net just cuts off and gives the browser page BT hub can't connect to net.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Also BT vision is connected straight into my router via an ether net cable. The router goes into the only telephone wall box in flat and has a adsl filter fitted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Just checked for more phone sockets in the property there is only one, I will take cover off after work tomorow and check the test socket if there is one.

If not I guess I will be phoning for an engineer to visit? as the problem persists.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

if you get engineer vist and problem is to do with your internal wiring then you will get a bill for £99+

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

you need to find out how your phone line is connected to the master
0 Ratings