cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT hub can't connect to broad band

Ah we don't have a  test socket on account of it being a converted town house I've opened the only phone box in the house and nothing. I will call BT to send some out but if it costs £100 I might just opt to get fiber optic from virgin media as the installation for that is cheaper.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

how many flats in the converted town house?  do they all have individual phone lines and numbers?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

They all have own numbers of course.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

that's what I thought so there must be a distribution point and not just a simple master socket  do you know if anyone else in the flats are having broadband problems?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

No not really and they are older and not going to be heavy net users. Besides the point it has nothing to do with me. As far as I'm concerned BT should come out and fix this problem for free. It's their property that is faulty as I don't own the telephone cable or the junction box on the street.

If it's true they charge for this then I will have a look in the box myself and see what the problem is 🙂 🙂 but to be fair I've not even called them yet so I will have to wait and see what they say.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

This issue is more likely to be with the home hub, which version do you have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

hub is 2.0, I will call bt on monday to see if they can sort it out but it's sounding like they need to place a new telephone cable into my property?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

must admit I think a new cable from openreach is unlikely.  remember if the fault is found to be in the internal wiring then you will get billed for £99+

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

No, its almost certain to be an issue with the home hub 2.

Reported problems with the Home Hub 2.0

First thing you need to do is to restore it back to factory default, by pressing in the recessed reset button next to the wireless association button and see if that stops the disconnects.

Try that first, if it does not help, then please can you look at the event log, and post the most recent events on this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

Its probably best if you remove that event log from your post, as it shows your broadband talk phone number.

What you need to look for are any restarts, that you did not initiate yourself.

Someone is trying to hack into your broadband talk connection, but that should not cause a problem.

0 Ratings