cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT incompetence, misleading your customers and creating anything but a customer focused experience

Hi everyone,

I would like to appeal for some advice by my experiences with BT and whether what has happened justifies going to the FOS (or someone from BT to resolve this for me)

I ordered an account online in May thisyear. Taking over a BT line in the same household under my name. Therefore BT new the line I wanted to take over as I imputted this information in the online application.

A week later my landlady received a message that a provider wanted to take over their line. This was on the same exact same day, 30th May, when my new line would be activated. Too much of a coincidence, so I phoned BT who told me that yes it was too much of a conincidence and it was wise to cancel the order and start again. So I waited 48 hours for it to cancel and they said to then get back in touch.

Speaking to someone at BT they told me to make sure this does not happen again that it would be best to set it up over the phone and I would receive exactly the same deal as I would online. I of course accepted this and a new activation date with a new account number was created. 2nd June.

I was told by the lady that once the line was activated, the price would manually be adjusted to reflect the online deal (god knows why this couldn't have been done over the phone, talk about a technology company that such limitations) and I would then also receive the BT reward card of two hundred pounds.

Forward two weeks after activation date I return from holiday to find that it wasn't manually adjusted but I was charged the price I would be charged over the phone. 

After calling endlessly, creating multiple complaints I finally spoke to a line manager named Rama who apologised for this and credited me with the difference over the year to reflect the online deal. I was also told again I would receive a confirmation from the reward team about my card. Just to let you know they didn't even set up the correct package and had to get them to add the additional HD channels free for 3 months (which still hasn't been done)

I received an email this afternoon after raising another complaint about the reward card and to add injury to insult the reward team have just provided me with useless generic email about not fitting the criteria for the reward card. Obviously oblivious to the problems and promises and assurances that I received previously.

I'm absolute livid about spending hours and hours resolving this issue to receive this email is an absolute disgrace.

Regards,

Steffan

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT incompetence, misleading your customers and creating anything but a customer focused experien

@Anionix I'm sorry about the problems with your order, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted if you send over your details. You'll find the click here to contact the mods link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT incompetence, misleading your customers and creating anything but a customer focused experien

I have contacted you with the relevant information moderator. If there is anything else that you require you can reach me by email, my landline or the mobile number provided.

Regards,

Steffan

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks @Anionix we'll get back to you with an update in a few days. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I wish to provide an update and my continued frustration with BT.

I received a pleasant response from the BT voucher team that they accepted my request and eligiblity for a voucher card but to my annoyance rather than honour the amount of 200 pounds which was the amount eligible if ordered online between the dates 5th and 18th May (I ordered within that time) they have provided me with only 125 pounds which was the deal from 19-25th May the dates with which I ordered the second time over the phone. I'm sorry but come on BT you really are doing yourself no favours here. This is wholly unacceptable to concede to the situation and then to provide me with a bone to see whether I would bite or not.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Anionix Sorry you have received the incorrect amount. 

I've checked and your request is in our queue and we will be in touch shortly with you to help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

John I have been waiting since June 28 where one of your colleagues named, Leanne, confirmed they have sent the reward card and yet I have not received any card from BT. Why is such a simple thing so complicated with this company?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Anionix

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the time it's taking to receive the card.  I can see Leanne's last email to you that the card can take up to 25/07/2017 to be received.  If you have any questions in the meantime you can reach Leanne by replying to the email she sent you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings