cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS468
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT infinitely usage

I recently upgraded to BT infinity.  My contract has a monthly limit of 40 gb which I monitor.  My consumption has doubled since I changed, taking me over the limit although my usage has not changed at all.  Any ideas why this should be?  I've checked that no one is hacking into my system.  I'm changing to unlimited, but I'm a little annoyed at this, at it costs more and my 40gb was previously more than adequate for my usage.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT infinitely usage

Hello RS468 - welcome to the forums 🙂

Do you stream much media online such as iPlayer or Youtube? It's possible that if you do, they have automatically started using a higher bitrate (due to the increase with your speeds) which in turn would use more data.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RS468
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply...yes, we do stream a fair amount, but usage for June was 56 MB compared with a previous average of below 30...and I can't say the increase in speed is particularly noticable particularly waiting for pages to load with loads of ads and pictures...not really sure if there was much point in changing, I now feel rather conned into paying more for unlimited usage.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

it is surprising it is very easy to go over limit an unlimited package is always the best option
0 Ratings
barry1947
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

My experience is practically same as original poster - unexplained doubling of previous average usage.

Since receiving first warnings, have started regular checks of usage meter.

One thing noticed - daily increments of upload usage, when I categorically know there has been zero uploading.

Presume whole metering gimmick is just to encourage paying the extra for unlimited package.

Currently endeavouring to hold out for as long as possible 

0 Ratings