cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

BT infinity 10 day stabilisation period.

Hello,

My new BT infinity has just started and my current speed is 32mbps I checked my line before purchasing infinity 1 and it says my minimum download speed will be 40 and my max speed will be 52. Will my infinity speed go to 40 after the 10 days of stabilisation period? Or will it stay 32?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: BT infinity 10 day stabilisation period.

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

are you using the test socket with a new filter and hub connected direct to filter without any phone extension cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 31

The 10 day period is a myth
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Ok

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Here are the Routers 1-12 Helpdesk

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ60533454
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 04:06:10
6. Data rate:6870 / 34557
7. Maximum data rate:6967 / 34466
8. Noise margin:6.3 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation:38.5 / 26.0
10. Signal attenuation:24.8 / 23.4
11. Data sent/received:340.3 MB / 7.4 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Here is the ADSL Checker:-

Image2.png

Here is the broadband test:-

Image 1.png

My Socket has 2 outputs one just for the broadband and one for the phone. This got put in maybe 4 weeks ago by a open reach enginner when I used to be with Sky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

Phone customer services and get engineer visit as your connection speed is well below your estimated speed. It won't get any faster waiting so get engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 31

What others say its true however realistically you need to give it some time before they become reactive as their script says you have to wait 10 days
It may be worth checking the order email to see what is the guaranteed speed mentioned
Right now it looks like you have no headroom ao your line may have an issue somewhere
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 31

Sorry I would not wait as you will be in same stat 10 days from now so get engineer now and save the wait

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 31

It is obvious that you are not getting the speeds you should and they will not improve in ten days time. You do not need to wait 10 days before complaining and requesting an engineer investigates what the problem is. 

If Customer Services say that you need to wait ten days just inform them that you are not prepared to wait and if they do not arrange an engineer you will be looking to cancel your contract free of charge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

I will contact BT later and see if I can get one out. When I was with Sky they sent one out and he said their were no problems with the line he tested it 2 times and he fixed a small problem out side and put in a new box. Does this mean it's to do with the line out side of the property and will I be charged if I call one out.
0 Ratings