Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotty026
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT infinity 2 FTTP Slow download

Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm currently on FTTP BT infinity 2 and my download will not go over 40mb, tested today I only have 31mb as per images attached 

SpeedTest.PNG

SpeedTestDiag.PNG

Can this be looked into? or any reason why? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT infinity 2 FTTP Slow download

Go to solution
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Can you confirm you are on FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) and not FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Infinity 2.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
scotty026
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Wow serious gg30340 - maybe the fibre cable coming into my house is a big give away.

Please don't treat all people like non technical noobs, one reason why I don't like using these forums!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

You'd be surprised how many people get the two mixed up. Hope you get your problem sorted!

0 Ratings
scotty026
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
John46 thanks for the links but all ok at my exchange
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Your questions are primarily answered by other BT customers. The only employees on our community are the forum moderators and a few subject matter experts. We can easily be identified by our title underneath our username. The replies you will receive are from customers who's only intention is to help, so while we appreciate you have likely come to the forum because something has gone wrong and you are probably very annoyed, please don't take this out on members trying to help

hippey
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Lots of reasons for low speed tests on FTTP, in general it will be transient conditions on the Internet; or congestion local to you.

But if this is also affecting your voice and / or TV service then you need to report it as a fault. In particular if it affects the voice service as it much easier to convince BT of the issue.
0 Ratings