My Bt broadband when I signed up said upto 76Mbps, that is why I switched from Virgin Media.
When it was first up and running I got 62, not great I thought but OK.
After a few weeks it settled at 52 and was not happy but I put up with it as what else could I do being locked into a contract.
Anyway, that was up until about a week ago.
I started getting random dropouts until it completely dropped for over 24 hours. I rang BT and they issued an engineer but in the 3 day wait! it was fixed so I rang up and cancelled the engineer.
However I noticed that my speed seemed slower but I thought I would persever as I thought they might be doing stuff in the exchange to fix faults. It has been over a week now and every day I run BTs speed check (and speedtest.net) and it is steadily getting slower. I get the feeling I am being capped =/
My speed as of tonight is ~29MB.
BT availability checker gives fro my phone number:-
|FTTC Range A (Clean)||79.5||60||20||19.6||--||Available|
|FTTC Range B (Impacted)||70.9||43.8||20||13.9||--||Available|
What should/can I do to get this resolved because paying for infinity 2 40-80MB is not what I am getting.
If you have a HH5, can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254
Lines 1-13 will be enough
Wow super fast response thank you 🙂
|1. Product name:||BT Home Hub|
|2. Serial number:||+068343+NQ35141877|
|3. Firmware version:||Software version 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.6 (Type A) Last updated 24/04/14|
|4. Board version:||BT Hub 5A|
|5. VDSL uptime:||5 days, 03:00:28|
|6. Data rate:||2696 / 29998|
|7. Maximum data rate:||14950 / 63947|
|8. Noise margin:||17.9 / 13.4|
|9. Line attenuation:||0.0 / 20.4|
|10. Signal attenuation:||0.0 / 20.1|
|11. Data sent/received:||1.5 GB / 1.4 GB|
|12. Broadband username:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|13. BT Wi-fi:||Yes|
p.s. I have tried the obvious of resetting the router and also switching off for a minute 🙂
Thanks again for the reply. Never heard of DLM and banded profiles so I googled it. Very interesting but also very bad at the same time.
I will leave it for a couple more days without reseting/powering off and see if the banded profile removes. If not guess i'll be ringing up BT and having to have time off work :=/
you may be waiting more than a few days mate, mines been up for 4 solid days and im still stuck with lower speeds and higher latency, and your case of dlm looks bad, really bad.
If your fault has returned that will be the reason for DLM lowering your speeds. It is unlikely to have sorted its self. I would report a fault now and get an engineer out to investigate the problem. Even if it appears to "fix" its self before the engineer visit do not cancel him.
Once the fault has been fixed by the engineer ask him/her to reset your line otherwise it can take up to two weeks for DLM to restore the speed that you have lost.