Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richthemilkman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT infinity 2 upgrade - no speed change

Good Evening,

I recently upgraded to BT infinity 2 from BT infinity 1 after receiving an offer to re-sign a contract, the agreement stated that my upload should be 16-20 Mbps and download 52-70 Mbps.

Prior to upgrading my speeds were on average 9.41 and 45.87 respectively.

After the upgrade my speeds were on average 9.46 and 45.96.

My new contract started on 1 Feb 2017 so there's been plenty of time for the 'new' connection to settle.

Have I been had or is there something that can be done to get the connection speeds I was promised?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT infinity 2 upgrade - no speed change

As you were already below the Infinity1 maximum speed cap of 55M, upgrading to Infinity2 will have no effect.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

A little short sighted @licquorice wiith an estimation of 52-70 there may be an issue somwhere.

OP, are you connected to the master socket, or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Richthemilkman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the replies, I am connected to the master socket.  As for the previous comment, if there is no chance of my connection achieving those speeds why am I being offered an upgrade and estimated speeds of 52-70? Would this be considered acceptable practice for BT?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Can you remove the faceplate and connect to the test socket?

Once you've done that can you post he connection stats up from the router showing the current connectipn rate, plus the attainable rate?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Richthemilkman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay.

6. Data rate:9999 / 48942
7. Maximum data rate:21185 / 55776
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

If that's in the test socket, you need an engineer.
0 Ratings
Richthemilkman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the reply Webby, that was in the test plate, so do you have any ideas about what I can say to get the engineer? I sort of dread calling up BT support without a very clear definition of what I need otherwise it seems to take 3 or 4 calls being bounced around repeating the same steps to get to the point where I started.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Your connection speed is below the estimated range.

Just to confirm that range, can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up the results.
0 Ratings
Richthemilkman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Webby,

cabinet.jpg

0 Ratings