cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

BT infinity DLM Speed Cap due to modem power cycle.

Hi there, i have just had my bt infinity (option 1) installed rather shodily may i say by one of openreaches contracting engineers (mj quinn) and originally would get arround 16Mbs (im on a 1KM line) using the HH5, this is slightly dissapointing as i was estimated 24Mbs at the time of ordering. I bought the Huwawai HG612 modem and supprisingly this increased my speed to about 18.7Mbs. This however did not last long as we are in the process of re-wiring our house, therefore the mains circuit the HH5 and modem are connected to was cut of arround five times in the space of an hour. Now my download speed is about 15Mbs with the HG612 and about 11Mbs with the HH5, from what i can gather this is the DLM in the cabinet reducing my line speed as it belives there is a faulty line. Below are my line stats:

xdslcmd info --stats
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 4277 Kbps, Downstream rate = 20704 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 3573 Kbps, Downstream rate = 15975 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 5.9
Attn(dB): 0.0 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 10.4 7.1
VDSL2 framing
Path 0
B: 31 47
M: 1 1
T: 64 64
R: 12 16
S: 0.0637 0.4249
L: 5529 1205
😧 1025 77
I: 44 64
N: 44 64

Will my line speed ever rise to it's former glory, or will i just be stuck with this speed reduction?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT infinity DLM Speed Cap due to modem power cycle.

If you maintain a stable connection then DLM should increase your speed but may take a few weeks. Pity you hadn't realised the amount of times the power would reset and just disconnected the modem for the period. That way there would have been only 1 reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings