Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 37

Re: BT infinity FTTC slow speeds in the evening

it can take 2/3 working days after sending email for mods to get back to your either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 22 of 37

@cgb70 I can see your details are in our queue now, we have enough info to get the fault reported and will be in touch once you get to the top of our list. 

Thanks

cgb70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Ok cheers
0 Ratings
sambrook89
Beginner
Message 24 of 37

I am having the exact same problem and I am in Chesterfield too. The engineer was out today with me for around 6 hours and told me it was something in my house interfering with the signal and knocking it out at 6-7pm at night which is rubbish because my connection is slow from when I get in from work right up until 11.30-12pm and is perfect in a morning before work too.
0 Ratings
sambrook89
Beginner
Message 25 of 37

A few more details. I am currently getting less than 4mbps using a wired connection, at around midnight tonight I will be getting around 52mbps. Makes me wonder whether it's worth paying for fibre as I only use it in an evening and I'm not getting the connection speeds I am paying for.
0 Ratings
cgb70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Sounds like congestion at peak times,I don't buy that interference too much of a coincidence at peak times (evenings) .When everyone comes home from work and kids from school mine drops by 80% . I've moved my router unplugged all device apart from PC with same results,anyway I'll see what happens when they get in touch .
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 27 of 37

@cgb70 and @sambrook89 Thanks for posting,  I'm really sorry about the issues with your connection speed. I've checked this and can see there is a know issue with network capacity in Chesterfield at the moment. BT Wholesale are aware of this and I have asked for an update as to when it will be fixed.

As soon as I have any updates I'll post back here.

Cheers

Neil

sambrook89
Beginner
Message 28 of 37

Thank you Neil I look forward to hearing back from you, a little bit more information about my case without taking it away from the OP. I had the line installed on the 27th of June and it has been the same issue every night without fail, I did put this down to the new line and it taking up to 10 days to calm down but going from 52mbps down to 3/4mbps is a little worrying. I am also connected to the Bolsover exchange if this helps at all.

Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 37

The issue will be the same from the start of service if the known capacity problem existed theb.

More capcacity will be added or circuits will be shifted to lighten the load on the VP's.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
cgb70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 37

This test was taken tonight at 9.40pmslowspped.JPG

0 Ratings