Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 37

BT infinity FTTC slow speeds in the evening

Hi all,

I guess this has been posted a 1000 times but my internet connection has recently been slow during the hours between 5pm to 11pm.I live in the Chesterfield area and not aware of any issues as to cause this apart from the obvious heavy traffic.This problem i have had before and spoke to support at BT (which was a nightmare being passed from one advisor to another).

Eventually i had 2 engineers call during the day and they couldnt find a problem with the line.If they came out in the evening they would have seen the issue.I am using HH5 ,is there anything else i can do apart from ring support up.This took 3 months last time from start to finish :((

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

Re: BT infinity FTTC slow speeds in the evening

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the test socket with a new filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 37

BTHUB.JPGspeedtest.JPGHere are my resultsbroadband.JPGsorry had to take a photo of it from my phone .Used wired connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 37

is it possible to run btspeedtster diagnostic test again but during the day to show difference in download speed - peak/off peak

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 37

Yes I will do,it will have to be tommorow now as I'm at work till 9pm
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 37

I'm thinking if it was a problem with hub or line then I would have the issue during the day too,does that seem logical ? .Im thinking its volume of traffic during evening when people are at home kids etc .This being the case I don't know what BT would be able to do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 37

It sounds very much like congestion. BTWholesale should be aware of the situation from their own stats and add extra capacity to the backhaul from your exchange.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 37

I'm not holding my breath,last time i had this issue ,the engineer that came out he said "something about the cabinet can run upto 200 connections simultaneously so he said congestion should not be a problem." But I don't know to much about that side of things to be honest .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 37

it is not cabinet congestion it is possible congestion on the backhaul fro the exchange to the core BT network that is why it is in BT Wholesales control
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 37

So if I keep sending BT wholesale results back to them they should be aware of problem ?
0 Ratings