Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koraalty
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT infinity FTTP connection ONT box

Hello all,

This will probably be a random question and I tired to Google it with no success. I had BT FTTC connection before but I now have FTTP.

Does it matter what port I plug the erthernet connection from the hub 5 into the OT box? Why I am asking is that the engineer set up my box and hub & I have had a solid orange power light since my go live when plugged into port 1. So I decided to try a different port (no 2) on the off chance that something would happen and voila my light turns blue and I'm online!!!

Although since being online I have experienced one drop out where the light has went back to orange then blue again.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd have thought it wouldn't have mattered what port I plug the router cable into as long as it was connected to the ONT box.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT infinity FTTP connection ONT box

use the red wan socket
0 Ratings
koraalty
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

The home hub is plugged into the red WAN, sorry if I haven't explained it properly but I was talking about the openreach end of the Ethernet cable.... which port should plug it into as port 1 does not seem to work for me.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

stay in port 2 in that case
0 Ratings