Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
backnine
Contributor
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT infinity FTTP

Hi Tom

nice apartments. I've been using the infinity checker for months now and all it says is ADSL2 max 5mb's.

But today it says infinity 100/15 coming soon FTTP. woo hoo.

Mind it could still be months away.

I hope you get fttc at least. As has all ready been said the call centre probably paid for a direct link to the exchange.

0 Ratings
tom129
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 37

That's good news. Mine says 

"Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes."

boo hoo .

I've not seen any BT guys down here at all, I hope I get it when it says. 03/03/2012

0 Ratings
Highlighted
goosefraba
Contributor
Message 13 of 37

FTTP Infinity product is launching 31 Oct 2011. Announced today by BT.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 14 of 37

Just wondering where this has been released, can't see anything obvious on BT PLC site.

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 15 of 37

But I have noted the Openreach site has been updated and it looks like the product will be added as upto 110/30

0 Ratings
chriskross
Contributor
Message 16 of 37

I cannot find a reference for the OP's claim either, but nor do I see any recent OR mentions (still claiming 'Highams Park, London will join the pilot during Autumn 2010').

OK now found a reference here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4806-bt-110mbps-fibre-broadband-to-early-launch-at-end-of-october... but not an official BT notice. 

Nicola should be pleased Highams Park is listed as one of the first! 

0 Ratings
mptheus
Contributor
Message 17 of 37

Good news.

My exchange not on the inital list but at least there is progress.

Openreach are back doing work aswell, after being away for 2 months. Not sure if its maintaince or for the Fibre. Will ask if i spot the engineers.

The fibre tubing has been on the poles in my area for ages now so hopefully I will be enabled soon. Im on Ilford Central exchange btw.

0 Ratings
tom129
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 37

I don't even have poles here as such, its all underground cabling. I guess FTTP is totaly out of the question for me

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 37

Poles are not necessary for FTTP, it can and is being supplied by underground cabling.

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 20 of 37

The Brownfield trial site from Bradwell Abbey is all underground as a retro fit product through existing ducts and chambers.
0 Ratings