cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 2

BT infinity IP profile showing 4000 kbps

Okay my infinity conection has beed getting steadly slower scince it was installed but this was a totaly wierd result from the BTspeedchecker. IP profile at 4000 kbps but throughput at 23095 kbps. Called BT helpdesk but could not get them to understand what I was on about. They directed me to Bthomehub broadband page and asked me what my down speed was, so I said,

"I am on infinity it does not show the conection stats on the hub."

They had no idea what infinity was, thought the downspeed not showing was something wrong with my hub and asked me to reset it and not call them for 2 days  and not to run the speedtest while things sorted out. LOL Smiley Happy 

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(100,"The test has successfully completed" ); // </script> Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
23095 Kbps

0 Kbps4000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
> Download speedachieved during the test was - 23095 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-4000 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -4000 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
8012 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8012 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT infinity IP profile showing 4000 kbps

Hi Mad_scientist,

The IP profile can occasionally drop if for example there are some connection drop-outs, but typically it'll increase on its own after three days or so of continuous service (i.e. no drop-outs or Hub resets).

How long has your connection been up for? Is the IP profile still low now?

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings