cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT infinity & sky sports through own router

For Multicast on a 3rd party router, is it just a matter of enabling say IGMP Proxy, IGMP Snooping, or IG Multicast?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Had anyone managed to get this working yet? I had the same issue, quite happily using my Netgear r6300 until they made the multicast switch and now I have had to re use the HH3 which is annoying.

What is more annoying is that I received no indication whatsoever that BT vision was switching to multicast so it took days of research to understand what was causing it.

The BT vision box is unbearably slow now as well since the software upgrade....I wonder what the number is for Virgin Media?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Works with Draytek 2750 on latest firmware 21.5.3, apparently. Not tried it, but my mate has it working, something to do with IGMP V3 proxy settings. I am sure he found the solution on this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 18

Any chance your mate can confirm the exact settings, please?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 18

He says "turn on IGMP and IGMP snooping on 2750 and Sky Sports on BT Vision box works fine", but as he is on a train at the moment heading up to the North (Liverpool...) can't remember the exact settings, but only worked/appeared in later firmwares.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 18

Thanks, I see the latest firmware 1.5.3 is on the draytek.com.tw site but you have to register to get access to it.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 18

Just came back again, might be settings on 2850 as well. He currently has two Infinity lines in his house, home and a business one, both feed into a 2850 where they are shared between home and business use and Sky Sports on BT vision box works on home section of network.

But convinced he had it working with 2750 before he changed to the current 2850, only a month or two ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 18

i read somewhere on these forums that someone got thier router to work by lowering the MTU slightly, not sure if they did anything else, i forget the exact post

0 Ratings