cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT infinity and powerline adapters

Go to solution

I know that BT recommend direct wiring but where that seems too difficult. what are the best powerline adapters that would work with home hub 4 & 5... I see  BT have   the Multiport Broadband Extender 500.. ought thees provide HD TV streaming to my BT vision + box??

Also  I see on tha market are Netgear Powerline AV+ 500 Mbps Nano Kit  will these work with Home hub 4 & 5 with BT Vision +. ??

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT infinity and powerline adapters

Go to solution

In theory, the BT ones should work, as they are probably designed to handle multiple streams better. The BT stuff has been field trialled, but I am not sure how many tests where carried out, as it appears to have been an internal trial.

If they don`t work, you can always send them back and tell them why.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I'm using 4-port Netgear AV200s in my installation.

I connect Youview, Sky+HD, WD TV Live , a Panasonic Blu-ray player & 2 other recorders through to my router. Not experienced any issues what-so-ever and speed seems to be more than adequate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I don't believe that BT guarantees that any powerline adaptors will work with the streaming channels on BT Vision, not even their own.  However, if you get can a good enough connection speed, then many people have reported successes here.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Solwise adapters work well and are reliable

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I moved this to a new message as I figured it might never get a response under a Solved issue!

0 Ratings