cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavsafc
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT infinity faceplate

What would I do if I want to use an rj11 from plate to hub? Buy a vdsl plate and install myself?
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 12 of 16

Hi gavsafc

Does your current Mastersocket's faceplate look like any of these:

a)vdsl-faceplate.jpgor b)adslsocket.png

If it does then this is a pre-filtered master socket which means that you can just conect a rj11 cable from the DSL port of these types of master socket faceplates and connect the other rj11 connector to the HomeHub 5.

With these types of master socket (shown above), you don't need microfilters.

If your master socket is a BTNTE5 master socket which looks like this:

Then for the FTTC self install you can use a microfilter with the rj11 connector from one end of the modem cable connected to the dsl port of the microfilter and the other end to the dsl port of the HH5.

The same type of connection for the modem cable is used for both FTTC and ADSL (ie rj11), we have a "VDSL" mk2 pre-filtered faceplate for our adsl broadband (due to our line being very long) and the rj11 modem cable comes from the dsl port on the mk2 faceplate and connects to dsl port on the router. 

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
gavsafc
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

jac_95, thanks for this, my faceplate is the bottom one, if it's pre filtered then is it still ok to connect a microfilter to it so I can use an rj11 cable.
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 14 of 16

thanks gavsafc,

As you have a BTNTE5 master socket and having a FTTC self-install then you will need to use a microfilter which will filter the VDSL2 and voice signals.

Then use a rj11 modem cable (supplied with the Homehub 5) to connect one end of the modem cable to the dsl port of the microfilter and the other rj11 connector to the dsl port of the HH5.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 16

I'm on my third faceplate now- they keep failing and making the phone line go crackly.

I now have a mK2 faceplate which has fixed the crackling - just hope it lasts a bit longer than the others did.
0 Ratings
gavsafc
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Colin_London, I actually don't use the phone so no need to have it plugged in, pleased yours is sorted as I know how much of a pain it can be! I also had a new phone line from house to cabinet fitted a few months back, I would always advise people to have theirs checked when a problem occurs as more often enough are the main cause.
0 Ratings