cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conorbutters
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT infinity one speed upgrade

I have recontracted my broadband to get my speed upgrade however my router states that my max speed has only been put up from 39 to 44 Mbps surely this isn't right. I would appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT infinity one speed upgrade

You will only ever get the maximum that your line can support which in your case may only be 44Mbps.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Enter your phone number in this service availability checker and check the VDSL A and B ranges. If your line is clean then the A range is what BT Wholesale estimate for your line.

https://www.btwholesale.com/adslchecker

Note: If you post the results then please blank out your private phone number.
0 Ratings
conorbutters
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

image.jpeg

0 Ratings
conorbutters
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I have attached my stats below image.jpeg

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Nothig wrong there. You're well within the estimated range of speeds for your line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Yes, your estimated clean range is 35 - 49 and you are connected at 45.

The HH5 is also reporting that the max your line can currently support given current conditions is 45 so you are connected at the max speed.

So nothing wrong, that's just the limit of your line as things stand.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

The speed limit of your line depends on the distance from your home to the street cabinet and the line conditions.

Assuming the line is in good condition with no major interference then distance is the determining factor. That's why your estimated range only goes up to 49 and not 80.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

For comparison I'm very close to my street cabinet and my estimated range is 79 - 80. That's because the copper section back to the fibre enabled street cabinet is very short in my case so there's very little speed loss.
0 Ratings