Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT infinity order - massive activation delay, customer service awful

Thanks for the reply Imjolly,

I appreciate that, but I still think my point stands even accepting the situation of having an outside supplier involved.

0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Thanks Keith,

I do appreciate the input guys.

The OFCOM regulations I had not considered. I wonder whether then the lack of information and poor performance that myself and others are perceiving is actually in part due to these regulations - i.e the need to ensure it's own Group companies are no better serviced than others is leading to articial delays of 5 working days for the sake of the audit records, ironing out any performance differences that might occur by chance if best efforts were made?

Do I need to realise its a monopolised sector that therefore deems customer service irrelevant?

0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

I have also had the exact same problem recently. I was a sky broadband customer and chose to get infinity. BT left a voicemail on my phone a few days after i placed the order telling me that there was no space in the exchange and they would delay the order. But they didnt delay it and cut off my internet. I have been promised several dates now to be connected and they consistently fail to connect me. Always for the same reason "no space in the exchange". So they give me another date in about 5 days time, which will no doubt fail to happen again.

BT are selling people things in the knowledge that they cannot fulfill the order and dont care that they are cutting people off from a working broadband connection so that they can take their money.

Id suggest you write to OFCOM, i certainly am.
0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Thanks for replying.

Yes in all of this I think the fact they are so quick to cut off wthout even knowing whether a new connection can be provided is just awful.

Another interesting point in this is that our existing broadband/telephone connection with Sky was fully under my girlfriends name. Not wife, no name connection, no trace of my name on the account she had with sky. But I signed up with BT fully in my name, no mention of my girlfriend - i just entered the telephone number and they switched it straight away, sky sending a letter straight out to my girlfriend with the 'sorry youre leaving' spiel.

Strange practices!

I think I will consider writing to ofcom yes. I'm resigned to waiting to Friday along with the rest of us mugs. If no good news then my cup will spilleth over with rage and who knows what next.

0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

So I've just had the dredded extension with no new reason for it. Same reason as before but now the deadline is 2/11

I'm probably doing myself no favours ranting on this forum am I, just annoying the only peoplpe who could maybe help.

0 Ratings