Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsemil
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT infinity problems - appointments not respected by BT

Go to solution

Hi all,

It seems I am not the only one having this issue.

I moved home and wanted to keep my phone line and broadband with BT. I was told BT infinity was possible in the new house so I gave it a go. On the 22 Nov, I took a day off because an engineer was expected to come in the morning. This was indeed the case but the poor guy could not work because the phone line hadn't been constructed. I spent a lot of time and money on the phone that day, losing my temper with people who couldn't care less (for example, one guy who I told that I was being put on hold for 30 minutes and that was costing a lot for just having a phone line activated replied: "well call us back when your phone line is activated" !)

The engineer came back later that same day and noted that the line was still to be activated. Result: one paid day lost.

After a million calls, we finally got the phone line activated, and at least 5 emails and text messages warning me of an appointment with an engineer for setting BT infinity for today, with a morning slot.

Again, I took a day off. Again, disappointed.

By 12:30, feeling that something was wrong I called BT to check everything was OK. Nothing was. I was told that no appointment had been registered. I have been reminded 5 times that I had to be at home today and no appointment was registered with BT services !!!

I am fed up calling incompetent persons so I try to determine whether a solution could be obtained here.

Thanks to any one that can help with this mess. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT infinity problems - appointments not respected by BT

Go to solution

Hi Welcome to the Forum

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Rsemil,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry and disappointed to read of the experience you have had so far.  Not good by any standard.  Not to worry as help is at hand.  We can offer full ownership until full resolution and we don't expect you to chase us.

I will need your account details, or order details, which ever you may have.  Please drop me an email.  You will find my contact link, under the 'About me' section of my profile, just click on my username (SeanD).

Cheers

Sean

rsemil
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks SeanD for your help. 5 minutes after using the contact form I have received a call from one of your colleagues who managed to have an engineer visiting for this morning. The appointment was respected at 8:00 am, no need to wait all morning, and the Broadband is functional. Too bad I had to complain here to have this sorted out but thankfully, once in contact with the right persons, everything went smoothly. Thank you.

0 Ratings
mrmillsy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I wish I'd known about this website when I had the same experience as you.  It took me multiple complaints and multiple people not listening before I had my broadband installed after weeks of being mucked around.

0 Ratings