cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT infinity speed question

Ok had my infinity in for 11 days now and I can say I am in love lol, One question about the speed tho, When it was installed I was given an estimate of the speed I could get from the BT call centre of 29 mbps, on the install day I was getting;

Latency 21ms/34mbps - and was getting a speed of between

Latency 23/21 31/34mbps for the next 5 days, then slowly it has started to drop now 11 days after install it wont top out above 25mbps with a Latency of 34ms!!

I found out about the BT speed tester and ran that test and it logs that I have an IP profile of 25MBPS?

I have a wired connection into the home hub and had brand new cabling from the pole out side into the property into a new master socket (due to noise on the line and being nearly 20 years old).  

Is this normal? or should I be receiving the 29-34mbps I was once getting? anyone else had issues similar ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT infinity speed question

Anyone else having issues like this?

0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Tried restarting the Openreach Modem and HomeHub, and then running the speed test again after a few minintues?

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Cheers will give it ago when i get home, it's coming up to 14 days after install so should be fine to re-sync the OR modem.  Fingers crossed I will get back to the 30mbps I was getting.

0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hopefully mikey - let us know how you get on 🙂

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

ok did not get round to restarting the modem and router till to day, went to go and do it when I woke up and found that my modem was having trouble connecting, DSL green light flashing and amber light on the HUB.  It spent several hours trying to connect and did 2 compete power cycles (modem then hub).  

Finally connected at mid day but now my speed has dropped to 18mbps, BT speed tester wont run, starts to check details then gives me an error, so have had to use speedtest.net.

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Mikey - what time did you do the test and what was the speed Up/Down and latency? Oh and what server did you use?

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings