cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 39

BT infinity support a nightmare

I have basically signed up to BT infinity broadband 2 weeks ago. On Thursday, I was scheduled to have a bt engineer over to install infinity between 1pm and 6pm.  I have taken the whole day off and no one has turned up.  Spent 2-3 hours on the helpline who have no clue what I am on about and kept repeating to me that accord to their records the engineer has already come in and done the job...?  In the end they have agreed to book another engineer appointment for friday the 26th of nov,  again, I have taken the whole day off and no engineer's turned up.  This time, the help line couldn't care less and just booked me another appointment for the coming wednesday.

I am no longer sure if I should even bother taking another day off?  Any similar experience? The contract has already started as well and I'm still left without a modem...  Already spent over 6hrs on the phone and they can't seem to over any help.  Is bt helpline normally this unhelpful? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT infinity support a nightmare

26th of nov is a whole month away,it is only Sat 26th Oct now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 39

whoops, meant friday 25th of oct

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 39

My experience with BT customer service is similar sadly. As a BT shareholder I find it quite depressing. 

My home hub was meant to be delivered yesterday (Friday). I took the day off work but it never turned up. There's no tracking information on the BT website. My installation is on Tuesday; I've got another day off booked and just want to know if the installation will still go ahead if the hub isn't here.

I've spent two hours this morning trying to get an answer with no joy. These are people's livelihoods that BT are messing around with. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 39

Ptx,

When a moderator reads your post they may be able to offer some help. If they can they will contact you via this post.

AdeFowler,

The homehub could still arrive, often they don't arrive until the day before installation.

If you have not received your homehub when the engineer finally arrives the installation can not be completed correctly.

If it is a homehub 5 you are waiting for, it has the modem built in and would obviously be needed in order to install and connect. Openreach engineers do not carry a spare stock of HH5.

If it is Homehub 4 that you are waiting for, the engineer could install the Openreach modem, which the engineer would bring, but he would be unable to connect to the HH4 and connect to your computer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 39

Hi pttx,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't arrive to connect your BT Infinity service.  I can check what happened from here and help get the service in and working.  Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Can you include the link to this thread when you complete the form please?  Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 39

Still no engineer turned up.. Can someone help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 39

Were you expecting one?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 39

Did you contact Robbie as requested? If you did re contact him and see if he can deal with it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 39

@gg30340 wrote:

Openreach engineers do not carry a spare stock of HH5.

FYI they do...

0 Ratings