Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delcygnus
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT infinity throttled and continual dropping of speed/connection

Go to solution

Hi

Im having lots of problems with my connection im on the BT Infinity totally unlimited package when I first got this i was regularly getting speeds of 70 plus. about 3 months ago this started to fluctuate particularly in the evenings and at weekends. I contacted BT and they sent me a new HH3 and for a few days this seemed to have solved things but then it went back to dropping out.

My daughters laptop frequently disconnects (wireless) my sons phone tells him the internet is unstable when he tries to connect to it via wireless, my other son is a gamer using a wired connection and what used to take him 10 minutes to download now takes up to 4 hours, when downloading films from Sky where I used to be able to watch a film almost immediately now i get constant buffering.

I have done speed tests today using various sites and on all of them apart from BT I am being told I am getting between 20 and 40 (BT say I am getting between 60 and 70).

I have run the glasnost test and according to them I am being throttled on upload and download speeds.

Capture.JPG

Any help/advice would be welcome before I switch ISP's and or get nagged to death by the wife/kids

Del

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT infinity throttled and continual dropping of speed/connection

Go to solution
When did you sign up for Infinity?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
delcygnus
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Well over a year ago

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
The Totally Unlimited package wasn't available at that time. You need to upgrade to Totally Unlimited to remove the throttling.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
delcygnus
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Just checked and I joined in Oct 2012. but according to my package I am on Unlimited Broadband with Infinity 2 and apparently there is nothing I can upgrade to, so if there is a Totally Unlimited package how would I upgrade to that ?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If you contracted before Feb 2013 you would be on Unlimited broadband. This means you have unlimited data upload and download limits. It does not mean that your connection will not be limited at peak times.

If you contracted after Feb 2013 you should be on Totally Unlimited. This means you have unlimited data uploads and download and you will not be limited at peak times.

If you re-contracted after Feb 2013 you may not have been automatically put onto Totally Unlimited unless you asked for it when you re-contracted.

If you have not re-contracted and are on a rolling monthly contract you will be on what ever package you were last contracted on.

Telephone the Options Team on 0800 800 030 and ask them what package you are on and if need be you may need to re-contract to put you on Totally Unlimited. If you have any problems post back here for further advice.

delcygnus
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for your help, finally got through to someone who understood what I was after and they are upgrading my package as of Wednesday, hopefully that will be the problem solved

0 Ratings