cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

BT infinity upgrade reversal

Just had my upgrade completed but there is zero increase in download/ upload,now i am stuck on a new  18 month contract,hardly seems fair if no increase,can my upgrade be reversed so i am placed back on my original contract?

I was getting 25 meg download, 3 meg upload,(wired)..my personalised quote from BT said i would get 69 meg download and 20 meg upload.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT infinity upgrade reversal

Was your speedtest ran wired or wireless?

What site did you test your speed on?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 20

Hi

I do not think BT will do anything until the 10 days has passed.

You never know the speed may increase during this time. 

I would give it the ten days and then reset your modem and HH3, if its still the same as you were getting before the upgrade then contact BT and see what they will do to help you.  

Edit. I suppose you could try and reset your modem once and see if that helps

0 Ratings
Jumpinbeans
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

It may be tricky getting the new contract terminated as they have no cooling off period but I would suggest contacting them and making them aware of your problem (maybe get a reference number) so they and you can track it over the 10 day adjustment period. I'd say you would need to speak to the accounts team.
0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Wired test using btspeedster today,speed showed as 0.00 download and 0.03 upload,will not let me do the test again as comes up with an error message, tried speedtest.net and have got readings from 1.3mb download to 6mb download (wired) Have just tried a wireless connection using speedtest.net and getting as of 14.58pm 18.20 mb download, 3 mb upload ( same as before upgrade),when i phoned bt yesterday they said my profile was showing as up to 8mb broadband? and they would reset it and i should see an increase in 2-3 hours ,this was at 6pm yesterday, however thats when  things went into full reverse and speeds became almost non-existent,does anyone know if BT can hold you to a new contract if there are no speed increases after the upgrade? i have unplugged my hub a few times as suggested by some people with no benefit.

0 Ratings
mitchgoeswild_199
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

You can only do 1 test an hour on the bt speedtest it does say! Thats why you got an error message

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

I thought it was every 20 mins, didnt realise it was every hour, will try again.

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 8 of 20

Dungiven wrote: does anyone know if BT can hold you to a new contract if there are no speed increases after the upgrade?

As I recently posted in another thread, I think they should be willing to let you revert to your previous contract expiry date in a case like that (after you give them time to 'fix' it - say 10 to 20 days).

If you went to a consumer/small claims court with such a case, I suspect that you'd win and BT would know this, so they'll probably let you do it.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I was thinking the same, have managed to get BT to raise a fault,no easy achievement, getting an update tomorrow.

0 Ratings
sniper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

I've fallen for exactly the same con.
0 Ratings