cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowei
Expert
323 Views
Message 1 of 15

BT infinity with no engineer needed

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
319 Views
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@lowei wrote:

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.


I don't think so, because it still requires an engineer to install, but they won't be going to the customer's house.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
316 Views
Message 3 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.


I don't think so, because it still requires an engineer to install, but they won't be going to the customer's house.


Eh???

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
314 Views
Message 4 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed

Second part of the triall allow CPs to begin to take over responsibility of the VDSL modem component by introducing their VDSL capable devices to replace the Openreach modem.

So does this mean there might be a option for fastpath?

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
309 Views
Message 5 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@lowei wrote:

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.


I don't think so, because it still requires an engineer to install, but they won't be going to the customer's house.


Eh???


In other words the egineer is still required to do work at the cabinet but not at the customers premises

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
305 Views
Message 6 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.


I don't think so, because it still requires an engineer to install, but they won't be going to the customer's house.


Eh???


In other words the egineer is still required to do work at the cabinet but not at the customers premises


Yeh that's why i said a no show to the house.

Obviously this will be saving money and time for BT.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
301 Views
Message 7 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@lowei wrote:

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Looks like BT are trialling installs with no engineer home visit needed.

This will hopefully stop all the posts about no shows.


I don't think so, because it still requires an engineer to install, but they won't be going to the customer's house.


Eh???


In other words the egineer is still required to do work at the cabinet but not at the customers premises


Yeh that's why i said a no show to the house.

Obviously this will be saving money and time for BT.


Nope, not in the long run as more engineers will be sent out to fix problems because internal wiring has not been done properly.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
294 Views
Message 8 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed

There will probably be more people complaining about speed issues and such, so a engineer visit will still be needed.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
290 Views
Message 9 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed


@lowei wrote:

There will probably be more people complaining about speed issues and such, so a engineer visit will still be needed.


Indeed 🙂

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
288 Views
Message 10 of 15

Re: BT infinity with no engineer needed

I wonder if they send out a VDSL face plate.

0 Ratings