cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rag
Contributor
Message 21 of 131

Re: BT infinity worst mistake I ever made!!!!!

Hub has already been replaced and I still have the same issue, my next door neighbour had the same issue and so did a few others on our street, so what are the coincidences of that happening?

BT customer service at the level 2/tier 2 desk claim they have been working at the exchange for a few days and will continue to work on it untill monday! That's simply an excuse as I've had it before as well as many other stories, the BT staff are so misleading and I have already given BT to use those audio log/phone calls as evidence of what staff are telling me! Sure certain staff are nit capable of getting it 100% right but who do you blame, the people whose first language is not english or the people training them?

Either way I fell I have had my time wasted and have been ill treated at times, anyways I will now shut up because I'm getting boring, thank you.

Regards!

0 Ratings
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 22 of 131

This is whay I'm staying away from infinity, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall  trying to just explain my problems.

Having to keep asking them to repeat what they were saying and me for them to understand, it felt such a task.

Thats before you went over and over your problem.

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 23 of 131

Hi Rag,

I can see your email in our queue and I've picked it up. I'll email you back later this morning or early this afternoon at the latest.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rag
Contributor
Message 24 of 131

hahaha oh my...

wow so Dean you email me with an update and I will make the whole BT community aware of how no one at BT has been honest with me, so say the least you could be telling me something from what I was told on the phone, whose being honest?

You claim no one was working on matter at hand at the exchange this weekend when I've been told otherwise, you expect me to wait 7 days? hahaha nope not happening you have 1 day to get what ever investigation you need to get done to get the REIN team in I don't care! Over 6 weeks and yet you guys are so amusing hehehe!

BT wholesale are full of it! whoever is reading this make your own mind up about whether BT is for you hehehe!

One more shred of false information I'm taking legal action! Ofcom have already been informed I will take it much further, thank you BT!

I will be posting something very interesting about BT and their "BT Vision"

Regards.

P.S. any similar stories will be greatly appreciated!

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 25 of 131

Hi Rag,

As per my email I'm keeping an eye on your fault and I'm going to pick this up tomorrow when I receive updates from Openreach via BT Wholesale. I'm not sure where you got the "wait 7 days" from as I didn't mention anything like this... Smiley Indifferent

As I also mentioned in my email, if you need any other help feel free to reply to the email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rag
Contributor
Message 26 of 131

Just got a phone call from BT from someone called "Brian" claiming to be a manager who deals with complaints and engineers lol!

This interesting character originally told me I cannot have a Hard line extended phone bell which is an internal wire in my house whilst running Infinity! It was no problem when I had it the first few weeks untill the engineer disconnected it upon the second return, who telling the truth :?

Coming back to the point, he was ringing me up regarding whether my issues had been resolved and this made me chuckle as he thought the engineer may not have connected the extended phone bell back up which was by a broadband engineer not an Infinity engineer lol!

He calls me weeks later after misleading me and I verified the phone call with India who claimed he did not need to call me it was a mistake, thumbs up BT!

Anywhoo he claims he needs to ring another department so they can run another phone line check and he doesn't even look up the notes from which I have called India a thousand times, lazy work no? It could take minutes or hours and he claims he will call be back, he claimed to ring me back last time and its been weeks later, I look forward to your phone call next month Brian!

I'm exposing BT for what it truly is, no lies everything will be told, right "Dean" or anyone Mod/Admin what is your response to this?

Running around in circles is fun like a dog chasing his tail lol! In other words I'm amusing myself....
0 Ratings
richie1971
Beginner
Message 27 of 131

I have to say Rag I only signed up here because of your thread , I was happily browsing and reading the forums until I stumbled upon it.

I will clarify now that at 1st I felt your pain in all this but now im begging to think you deserve everything that your going through.

Your 1st post or 2 were pretty decent but now your just acting like an immature brat who would surpise the **bleep** out of me if you told me you were anything older than 13.

Where do you get off acting in such a manner to the people who have been trying to help you in this thread of yours ? The majority of the replies you have had are off members of the public who are doing nothing more than trying to help you out and all they had back off you were insulting remarks!!!

Then when you do get replies from a BT mod who is doing nothing more than trying to assist you , rather than giving the man a chance to help, you immediatly mis-represent anything he might of said to you in private and come running back here again to act like a child again.

Grow up man!!!

No one likes to be suffereing with connection troubles and un-helpful people on the phone but it doesnt mean you have to act like you have been.

It costs nothing in this world to be respectful or mature regardless to how you have been treated.

Now with regards to your problem ... can you please tell me how you know that your extension bell was not and is not causing your connection woes ?

You have had troubles from day 1 with lower than expected speeds so could it not be that the very 1st person ( yoru original installer ) steered you in the wrong direction leaving your extension bell connected even though it should not have been there ?

With your bell connected you had lower speeds than expected, you might then have had a faulty router which was swapped out but at the same time as your bell was re-fitted leaving you with lower speeds and this time a bad connection too ?

Regardless to how all this turns out , if you stay or if you leave .... how about doing so in some kind of mature manner.

jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 131

i want to know why you want the bell wire to be fitted? it just adds interference it wont boost your speeds

0 Ratings
Razorman
Contributor
Message 29 of 131

Why would you want a bell?

Surely thats what portable handsets are for?

I have 4 around the house, infinity works spot on, buy some.

0 Ratings
Rag
Contributor
Message 30 of 131

1st and foremost I can behave the way I want with BT "richie" what's not to say you aren't a BT member of staff impersonating a regular consumer? I've had this issue on going for over 6 weeks with no response and I always here the same misleading replies.

For e.g. a BT manager called me today why wasn't that conversation recorded? So BT staff based in the UK can't lie/mislead/confuse you?

In answer to your reply the hard line bell is for my grandmother who is slightly hard of hearing as well as the rest of the hosuehold as it is a big house and when the house phone does ring you would hardly hear it! BT Infinity was working without disconnections fine with the hard line bell for a week upon originally installation, even when the engineer who came to visit the property a second time to rectify the issue's of speed and disconnecting and he accidently disconnected the bell and did not let us know!

Even with the bell disconnected, the Infinity would cut out every 15 minutes on an hourly basis so what did that resolve? who are you to say that BT Infinity can't run with a bell, so don't bother commenting!

I'll tell you something else I have always respected someone doing their job, everyone needs to put food on the table but this issue has been going on for far too long and if you don't like like mind your own business!

As a matter of fact how about I ask BT to run an IP check on you to see whether you really are a genuine browser or member of BT? so what say you?

BT would not even disclose that information!

How about a phone call that I was promised today by the manager probaly assuming it's you! It's been 9 hours since he originally called me!

Why pay for something you don't recieve? would you? Good bye "Brian"? I don't have an issue with you so don't try judging me as you don't know the problems I have faced with BT, I have only touched the surface!

Hub was replaced so was the open reach box 3 times!

0 Ratings