cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simple
Message 1 of 5

BT infinty - All so slow

Well what can I say, my Infinity is absolutely terrible, I have had it just over a month now. I telephoned BT stating that the speed I am getting is no more that 12mb. The Indian lady said "It will take up to a week to regulate my line. On the day of the engineer visit, I was getting 48mb download and 24mb upload. I was happy with this.

why has it decreased so much? I am going to tell BT to stuff it very soon. As they are not providing the service that they should be. I have been with numerous ISP over the years and BT are by far the worst. Even trying to get through to them is a complete joke. When you do get through, they hang up on you, when they cannot answer your question. What sort of organisation does this.

I am using a wired connection to connect to the internet and am completely frustrated of the lack of speed. I cannot even watch BBC iplayer without it streaming ever 30 seconds. 

One very disgruntled and frustrated customer of BT

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Simple
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT infinty - All so slow

Oh - I have rebooted everthing several times, before any person from BT asks me to do this.

0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Could be anything really that’s causing you issues, as far as the phone support goes I can tell you that I share your frustration which is why I’d recommend you document your issues here on this post as clearly and detailed as possible and contact the forums mods who have been great at assisting me so far.

You can contact the mods here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 they will usually get back to you within 3 working days.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Simple
Message 4 of 5

Thank you Urban Grant - much appricated.

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Simple wrote:

Well what can I say, my Infinity is absolutely terrible, I have had it just over a month now. I telephoned BT stating that the speed I am getting is no more that 12mb. The Indian lady said "It will take up to a week to regulate my line. On the day of the engineer visit, I was getting 48mb download and 24mb upload. I was happy with this.

why has it decreased so much? I am going to tell BT to stuff it very soon. As they are not providing the service that they should be. I have been with numerous ISP over the years and BT are by far the worst. Even trying to get through to them is a complete joke. When you do get through, they hang up on you, when they cannot answer your question. What sort of organisation does this.

I am using a wired connection to connect to the internet and am completely frustrated of the lack of speed. I cannot even watch BBC iplayer without it streaming ever 30 seconds. 

One very disgruntled and frustrated customer of BT

Hi there,

In addition to what UrbanGrunt has already advised, what I would suggest you do, if you are going to contact the Mods, is go to http://www.speedtester.bt.com and do a speedtest on BT's own servers - This is the one they will ask for to check for faults, etc -Like I say, do a speedtest and don't forget to grab a screenshot, so that the Mods can see if there's an issue they can help with. 🙂

I hope this info helps. 😄

0 Ratings