Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT infinty being put back again 4 times since 31st of december 2011

Go to solution

I am relly anoyed with bt because i have being looking forward to getting bt infinty installed but everytime i check it gets put back every 3 months and i am not happy my postcode is WF11 8BQ and it is available in other of knottingley west yorkshire please tell me whats going on 😞

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT infinty being put back again 4 times since 31st of december 2011

Go to solution
I am afraid all you can do is wait not all fibre cabs are activated at once they come out in phases and of course some get delayed for unexpected prrolems like blocked cable ducts lack of suitable power services for the cabinet and many more
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I'm in the same situation, they said it would be 31st August 2012, I logged on to order it on that day, to find it had been put back to 31st September 2012.. now I log on to find it's been put back to 31st December 2012, over 3 months!!

I know for a fact that our exchange is enabled as relatives living elsewhere in town have it, and the charity my wife works for has it.. it's not a large town, and a village a few miles up the coast (with a lot less inhabitants) has it, as my work colleague is getting fitted next week.

So, someone has to make these decisions at BT or BT Wholesale, which cabs are getting enabled, there must be a project manager, what are the decisions based upon? The likely uptake of the service down that street? Surely then as I live in a council house on a council estate that would be discrimination and sterotyping everybody who chooses social housing?

"They must be poor, they won't uptake our service". Of course BT will deny that fervently so here is your opportunity, why has our switch to infinity at NE24 5AT been delayed two months and now for a further three months when other areas of our town have it working?

Smiley Mad

I should add that I've already written to my local councillor regarding this and will be writing to my MP, since it's the Goverment that put £530,000,000 into improving and providing superfast broadband to rural areas in the latest spending review.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

looks like its coming soon
those that will not complete by sept 30 have had the dates put back by 3 months but they may actually be done next week or the week after for example
has your cabinet got a fttc twin next to it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I'll check that, I'm actually a network engineer for a national educational institution, so you can imagine the agony of having a gig link at work and coming home to a flakey 3Mb link at night.. (shared by me and the rest of the familiy).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

....and why do we get no explanation when it's put back also. 1.5 mg is all we get here and BT's empty promises of Superfast Broadband!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The exchange i'm on which is Tunbridge Wells, it's activation date was pushed back twice, which meant it was 6months later than orginally planned.

But they are still putting in new DSLAM cabs and that's 18months down the line so there's a chance that they will install a new DSLAM cab at anytime, and they also need local council permission to do the necessary work so they can put the equipment in the DSLAM cab and get it powered up and linked into the fibre network.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
HI use this link http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ when you enter your post code if there are any delays regarding your local cabinet you will find a yellow pin displayed click on it and it will explain the delays
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

This is what it said when i clicked on that link.

The marker shows cabinet: P6

Which is linked to exchange : KNOTTINGLEY

Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide

fibre broadband services to your postcode. We`re sorry but further work in

our network is needed before we can provide service to this cabinet. Please

bear with us

Due to the heavy demands on our underground network in this location, we

have to re-plan the way we provide cabling to this cabinet. This involves a

lot of work so thanks for your patience whilst we sort this out.

If you would like any more information feel free to contact us at

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Hi that's bad news I am afraid all you can do is wait itlooks like they are going tohave to lay newcable ducts which could take time
0 Ratings