cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linsink
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT just gave me free Apple iPhone X( i am with BT ) for quick survey,Pay only shipping IS THIS SCAM?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT just gave me free Apple iPhone X( i am with BT ) for quick survey,Pay only shipping IS THIS S

Hi @linsink. You will probably find the shipping will empty your bank account. Seriously were you invited to join the BT tester team first?

0 Ratings
linsink
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT just gave me free Apple iPhone X( i am with BT ) for quick survey,Pay only shipping IS THIS S

Not sure what you mean ?, but thought it may have been scam. Didn’t have a phone call, I was on my iPad trying to register a kettle I recently bought and this message flashed up on screen with BT logo saying something like “your
IP address been chosen to win either Galaxy or Apple iPhone X. Just had to clic if I was satisfied with BT. Then came up that Galaxy had gone but Apple had 2 left, was time sensitive 2hrs ? Mins left.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 8

It is a scam. Why would someone offer you a free mobile for completing a survey?

I have the same offers but they are from Google.

Stew

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I would not apply   BT give something for nothing  flying pig.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
linsink
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Accepted Solution 👍

0 Ratings
linsink
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Accepted Solution 👍
0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

@linsinkwrote:
Not sure what you mean ?, but thought it may have been scam. Didn’t have a phone call, I was on my iPad trying to register a kettle I recently bought and this message flashed up on screen with BT logo saying something like “your
IP address been chosen to win either Galaxy or Apple iPhone X. Just had to clic if I was satisfied with BT. Then came up that Galaxy had gone but Apple had 2 left, was time sensitive 2hrs ? Mins left.

Hi @linsink. The scam is they are after your bank details (allegedly by taking payment for shipping). They can then empty your bank account.

0 Ratings