Re: BT just misleading and miss-selling promised 39.99mb

is that ip profile or speedtest?
what did you get initially?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

no thats what im getting bt speed test dont show me my ip profile and 6 days ago 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 24 of 26

You need to read that slightly more carefully and think of the wording used, firstly it says "The range is an INDICATION OF THE SPEED THAT OTHER SIMILAR LINES ACROSS THE UK HAVE ACHIEVED" this is telling you that on average lines similar to yours across the UK achieved the speed stated. It then says "generally within 1-2mb higher or lower" generally can me anything therefore at point of sale you was not miss sold you just misinterpreted the information given to you, as said again and again on these forums, there are things that will affect the quality of service and speed that you're going to get that's not of a typical line. Therefore you can expect some people to get under estimated speeds aswell as people who get much higher than the estimation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 25 of 26

You need to see your IP profile to know the accurate speed. Not sure why it's not working I also cant view my IP profile at the moment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 26 of 26

I think the key words here are "similar" and "generally" If we consider "similar" in the context of my line v "similar" lines throughout the UK, I would interpret that as my line is near as **bleep** it the same as another line regarding the length, quality etc. that gives on average 48.9Mb. If we then consider "generally" in context within +/- 2Mb it blows the argument for using "similar" out of the water as I am currently getting a service 40% less than a so called "similar" line, nowhere near +/- 2Mb. To sum up my line is in no shape or form "similar" to the average within the "general" +/- 2Mb tolerance given as it stands. Whichever way you look at it it's still misleading.

0 Ratings