cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael21
Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT letter saying BT Sports 1 & 2 are closing on freeview on 20/10/14

Have the channel been removed in your area yet via DTT?

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 29

Why do you keep asking the same question?
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 29

No, the channels have not been removed in my area yet (Mendip Transmitter) and I'm thinking that until BT decides to switch the channels off everywhere then it won't be. The transmitters serve widely varying areas with a lot being very rural. Until the large majority of the rural exchanges have been upgraded to multicast and people are able to get the minimum speed required then I don't think they will be turned off, at least that's my opinion. I am still receiving via DTT but that doesn't men BT won't force system update on me soon.
stefos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Hi,

i came on the forum to find out why I wasnt getting the game (WH v MC) to realise that I hadn't known about the change. My faullt for not keeping up with any email notifications! Anyway here in N Wales not receiving...Sh1t just missed a goal on pirate TV

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 29

@stefos wrote:

i came on the forum to find out why I wasnt getting the game (WH v MC) to realise that I hadn't known about the change. My faullt for not keeping up with any email notifications!

If you got an email notification and BT do things properly then there should be no reason why you should lose the channels for any length of time. They could send the box the software update late at night, apply any necessary account detail changes, and next time you start it up you should be receiving the BT Sport channels via the broadband multicast system.  

Are you saying you have now lost the channels on the BT Vision+ box?

0 Ratings
stefos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

@umpire wrote:

@stefos wrote:

i came on the forum to find out why I wasnt getting the game (WH v MC) to realise that I hadn't known about the change. My faullt for not keeping up with any email notifications!

If you got an email notification and BT do things properly then there should be no reason why you should lose the channels for any length of time. They could send the box the software update late at night, apply any necessary account detail changes, and next time you start it up you should be receiving the BT Sport channels via the broadband multicast system.  

Are you saying you have now lost the channels on the BT Vision+ box?

Working today thanks.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 29

Overnight box was updated and am now receiving BTS via BB. Watched the Wasps v Harlequins game this evening and all went well, good stable picture and probably a little better quality than SD DTT picture. Hopefully it will continue.
michael21
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

BT sports 2 to close on freeview on 1/5/115.

0 Ratings
michael21
Contributor
Message 29 of 29

Has BT sports 2 close on freeview LCN 59 yet?

0 Ratings