cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delboy0127
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT line slammed by SKY

Like other customers I have been advised numerous times my problem would be resolved each time I have been promised call backs guess what no call backs.

My problem is my telephone line has been slammed by SKY, BT have acknowledged this, they have also advised me that my e mail is on file telling them not to allow sky to take the line. On the 2nd January 2010 SKY slammed the line and took it over I only found out later when I received a detailed statement form SKy with telephone calls on it as from the 2nd January 2010. When I contacted BT first they were not aware my line had been taken over, and were adamant it was still with BT I faxed my copy of my SKY bill to them they soon changed their mind and admitted SKY had slammed my line this is the terminology they use for this.

They advised me to contact SKY this I did the guy at SKY admitted what had happened despite having a e mail from me advising I was not taking up the deal/offer they had offered me I was to stay with BT has they had now matched the SKY offer. The guy at Sky said he could close the account forthwith but said I would then be left with no telephone line or Broadband. The broadband is still with BT as I did not supply the MAC code to SKY, he advised me to contact BT who would then get the line back.

This I have been trying to do I have an incident number, I have spoken with a JO ANNE BISHOP a REF TERESA a Tim a Daniel and a Matthew all of which promised it would be sorted out. I have out of pocket expenses with SKY of £30 plus £11 line rental. I have also just had a direct debit taken from my account by BT in the sum of £213.32 which includes a £30 cancellation charge and a £165.20 broadband cancellation charge, I have cancelled nothing I still have my Broadband with BT my line is with SKY.

Can you please advise how do I sort this out I am talking to a brick wall at BT. I have advised them I am registered disabled with a serious heart condition, I simply cannot take the stress of trying to sort this out are you able to offer any advice please.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT line slammed by SKY

Hi delboy0127,

Sounds like you have had a hard time of it.  I'll be happy to lend a hand and get this sorted out for you.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

I have removed a few personal details from your message for your safety. It can be dangerous publicly posting private information.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

A Migration Authorization Code is not needed by many Isp,s who have LLU equipment in exchanges to move ADSL

I would guess that includes SKY Smiley Very Happy

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

delboy0127
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Have sent e mails as requested
0 Ratings
Highlighted
optatus
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

It's not nice being slammed, whatever you do don't cancel with sky as that would stop the line, just let BT transfer it back. Hopefully the mod above will do that for you 🙂 If you were slammed, you can get the money and compensation back from sky, however that might take awhile. My advice, it to send sky a written letter, asking for a response with a certain timeframe and what you want, i.e. the compensation. If not resolved within that resonable time frame then contact ofcom 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I hope you can help me. Sky have slammed my line.

I changed to BT broadband, phone and tv in Dec. Yesterday Sky took over my phone and broadband without my permission. Bt sent me an email this morning saying that I had cancelled. I haven't !

Can anyone advise please, I am struggling to sort it out, my Mum died on Sunday and I am stressed enough .

Thank you.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Your post will get very little attention when taged on the end of an existing topic best always to start a new one men wile try the mods

Contact Mods at
forum.moderation.team@bt.com
include a link to this topic account number and phone number

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

Re: BT line slammed by SKY!

0 Ratings