cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 41

Re: BT line upgrade ??

as has been posted it is just a matter of waiting for the batch of lines that yours is in to be moved across
however with your attenuation you are unlikely to see any change in speed
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 41

@imjolly wrote:

your router reports your mode as G.DMT annex A while other report it as modulation 992.1 but both are adslmax up to 8mb

there are numerous posts on the forum like yours having had the email but had to wait for the actual upgrade but others were upgraded immediately.  it is the same email sent to everyone so some get upgraded straight away and others in a different batch take a bit longer.

Sorry but it says my line has been upraded, not my line will be upgraded.

So your saying the emails were a load of rubbish, and they did nothing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 41

I am saying that the email is the same for everyone - there are numerous posts on the forum exactly the same as yours.  you will get upgraded as the others have done but as I said the change over appears to be done in batches and not all at once

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 41

The simple answer if you want adsl2+ straight away then you need to re contract and it will get done ahead of others if not you have to wait your turn they cannot move all the lines across at once so some have to wait as BT do not move the lines them selves it is done by OPENREACH BT use a blanket email to all users on the exchange
0 Ratings
KevG123
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 41

Your stats show a change of exchange kit so I would hazard a guess you are on the 'new' 21CN equipment

I wouldnt worry about what the email says - you are not connected to ADSL2 or 2+

I would just decide now if you want to give ADSL 2 or 2+ a go (and risk a worse connection) or stay as you are and wait until you a moved over as part of a batch

If you want to try it now you will have to contact the mods to see if they are able to assist

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 41

personally i would stay as you are as adsl2+ is more noise aggressive than asdslmax you may suffer more disconnections and speed variations due to noise on your longer line there are many posts on this subject
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 41

"

I am saying that the email is the same for everyone - there are numerous posts on the forum exactly the same as yours.  you will get upgraded as the others have done but as I said the change over appears to be done in batches and not all at once"

I'm sorry but that's very misleading, and as I said before the email said "Your line has been upgraded" and it appears it has'nt.

The email should maybe say "Your exchange is being upgraded and your line will be upgraded in due course".

This is misleading information from BT, why would they need to tell people something and not do it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 41

I am not trying to justify BT's email and I agree it is misleading to the people who have to wait for the upgrade.  All I am trying to do is explain that your line is still adslmax and others exactly the same get upgraded eventually - as others are confirming

it may be possible to jump the queue as others have done but that requires a new contract whereas waiting does not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 41

because they do not know which lines are being moved first it is a Blanket email the openreach engineers just move the lines in groups as they move it from one piece of equipment to another the change over affects all isps on the exchange not just BT customers there could be hundreds moved at a time hence a blanket email
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 41

"it may be possible to jump the queue as others have done but that requires a new contract whereas waiting does not"

Not a lot I can do then, not happy with BT as I feel I have been mislead by them.

0 Ratings