Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

BT mail won't open

Go to solution
I'm trying to open my BT mail account on both home PCs and ipad but won't open. The page either times out or in the case of the ipad the 'loading wheel' just spins. I can access other web pages ok so I can't be my connection. Anyone else having problems tonight??
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT mail won't open

Go to solution

I'm having the same issues as you unable to access Email page. Tried Windows Live Mail as well but not getting my mail. Seems BT have a problem somewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Ah good....we'll not good but at least it's not me doing something wrong. Strangely I am still getting emails on my phone but not on PC/ipad
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Here too - can't access via Outlook 2003, BT webmail won't open - has been problematic for at least an hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Just tried on Android and got err code 10016, currently trying to load Email settings but coming up with server slow to respond. What's going on BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

i also cant get into my emails for the past couple of hours, whats going on?Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same issue!

This is happening regularly and no I don't need a call from BT Tech as the issue is with you BT...not me!

From about two weeks ago, I can no longer access my mail by clicking on Email from within www.bt.com as the link seems to be broken.  I have to access mail by going to www.bt.com then My BT then clicking BT Mail.  

I managed to configure Outlook to retrieve my BT mail but this is insufficient as I have sub-folders within my Inbox that will not synch to Outlook.

Maybe you should speak with the likes of Sky and Virgin in how to rectify these issues before your customers move to these providers as BT can't quite seem to get to grips with how webmail works.

Dave

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@Davehomesurfin 

A quick check on both the Sky and Virgin email related forums, shows pretty much all the same kinds of issues being reported daily for months (spam, login issues, client issues etc etc). No ISP is 100% efficient in every aspect of their service unfortunately, despite what end-users expect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I also have an account with Virgin Mail.  I have never had any issues with their mail service in the 4 years I have used it.

The fact is I do not pay BT for a service that is up and down like a yo-yo week in week out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Midnight and still can't access mail - message says "system busy please wait".........really, at this time, do me a favour !!!
0 Ratings