cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Turnipfarmer
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT master socket query - no wires? Is that right?

I was asked by my ISP to try out the test socket on my master socket as I am having a few speed issues. When I took the face plate off it came off OK but with no wires attached, is this correct? I thought it was meant to have some wires attached?

The normal telephone ie voice is working ok and its the only socket in our house. The socket is a circle with T in it from approx early 90s.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT master socket query - no wires? Is that right?

hi are you a bt broadband customer if you are not  then i am afraid  no one here can help you you will need to contact your isp 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

this forum is for BT retail residential customers - is BT your ISP?

the wires connected to the front are your extensions - no wires means you don't have any extension sockets in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Any wires attached would be for extensions.  If you don't have any phone extensions, there will be no wires.

There should be wiring to the back of the fixed part of the socket, which is the incoming phone line.

0 Ratings