cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

BT misled me into contract!

I am furious at the way one BT employee misled me into signing a contract for my small charity. I asked for quotes from BT for a proposal i was preparing and this person provided me with the quotes. In addition, he was pitching a new offer from BT but he also said that he needed to change ALL my  lines & services over to BT local Business as that is where they should be. his exact wording was: To be clear: This does not affect you in anyway, it does not change any pricing and you will not lose any services during this process, all I am simply doing is moving your services onto my system via a legal documented process.  

i was in constant comms with him over the offer he had for me to which i finally said 'no thank you' but we might need to review that for the future. i also signed this order form thinking that this was only to switch account management. this is ALL i was told by the person i was dealing with. he never mentioned that the contract had run out. turns out i have signed the renewal for one more year (which is fine) and 5 years for maintenance(this is what i am furious at because i do not know whether my charity will have the funds to survive for 5 years) . again, all this was done with the BT person making me believe that i was signing the change to account management only).

the BT employee NEVER said to me that the contract had run out. i am very very dissappointed. this is not the way to do business and it is very much against BT's CSR Policy.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT misled me into contract!

Welcome to the BT Residential Customer to Customer forum, your  posting does not go to BT.

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Someone on that forum shouls be able to help you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT misled me into contract!

If you cannot get help there, then its possible one of the BT Care Team here may be able to put you in touch with one of the  sales people. But please try the business team first.

If all else fails, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be may to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings